Dec 22, 2011, 12:54 AM EDT
Things keep getting worse in Montreal, as Randy Cunneyworth is now 0-3 as the interim Canadiens coach. The Chicago Blackhawks pounded his team 5-1 tonight, which surely won’t translate well considering the furor regarding his hiring and first two losses.
Andrei Kostitsyn started the scoring in the second period, but that started a run of five unanswered goals for the Blackhawks. Perhaps most embarrassingly, Chicago had just as many goals (three) as the Habs had shots in the final frame.
The linguistic and cultural backlash is dominating much of the discussion right now, but things will only get uglier if Cunneyworth goes longer without a win. The humorous part is that much of the blame should fall at the feet of their French-speaking GM with a very French-sounding name, Pierre Gauthier.
Check out the highlights below.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)