Dec 22, 2011, 12:54 AM EST
Things keep getting worse in Montreal, as Randy Cunneyworth is now 0-3 as the interim Canadiens coach. The Chicago Blackhawks pounded his team 5-1 tonight, which surely won’t translate well considering the furor regarding his hiring and first two losses.
Andrei Kostitsyn started the scoring in the second period, but that started a run of five unanswered goals for the Blackhawks. Perhaps most embarrassingly, Chicago had just as many goals (three) as the Habs had shots in the final frame.
The linguistic and cultural backlash is dominating much of the discussion right now, but things will only get uglier if Cunneyworth goes longer without a win. The humorous part is that much of the blame should fall at the feet of their French-speaking GM with a very French-sounding name, Pierre Gauthier.
Check out the highlights below.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2