Dec 22, 2011, 12:54 AM EDT
Things keep getting worse in Montreal, as Randy Cunneyworth is now 0-3 as the interim Canadiens coach. The Chicago Blackhawks pounded his team 5-1 tonight, which surely won’t translate well considering the furor regarding his hiring and first two losses.
Andrei Kostitsyn started the scoring in the second period, but that started a run of five unanswered goals for the Blackhawks. Perhaps most embarrassingly, Chicago had just as many goals (three) as the Habs had shots in the final frame.
The linguistic and cultural backlash is dominating much of the discussion right now, but things will only get uglier if Cunneyworth goes longer without a win. The humorous part is that much of the blame should fall at the feet of their French-speaking GM with a very French-sounding name, Pierre Gauthier.
Check out the highlights below.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25