Dec 22, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
If Ryan Miller isn’t careful, he’s going to get a reputation for whining.
The Buffalo netminder spoke out again today about the plight of the defenseless goalie.
“I think it’s just the way the game’s going,” Miller said, as per the Canadian Press. “Obviously, I pay attention to other games in the league and I think it’s becoming a little bit of the guys are trying to arrive at the net without a plan.
“Two nights ago, you saw it with (Winnipeg’s Evander) Kane driving through (Islanders goalie Al) Montoya, last night I saw (Detroit’s) Jimmy Howard get run over in Vancouver and they even scored a goal off the play.”
Hmmm…maybe because scoring a goal off the play was the “plan”?
It’s fine for Miller to complain about goalies getting run over intentionally, but you couldn’t very well ask Jannik Hansen to pass on the chance to take the puck to front of the net. That’s where most goals are scored.
Besides, it was Henrik Zetterberg who pushed Hansen off balance and into Howard. Blame him.
Or don’t blame anyone. It’s a tough sport.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)