Dec 22, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
If Ryan Miller isn’t careful, he’s going to get a reputation for whining.
The Buffalo netminder spoke out again today about the plight of the defenseless goalie.
“I think it’s just the way the game’s going,” Miller said, as per the Canadian Press. “Obviously, I pay attention to other games in the league and I think it’s becoming a little bit of the guys are trying to arrive at the net without a plan.
“Two nights ago, you saw it with (Winnipeg’s Evander) Kane driving through (Islanders goalie Al) Montoya, last night I saw (Detroit’s) Jimmy Howard get run over in Vancouver and they even scored a goal off the play.”
Hmmm…maybe because scoring a goal off the play was the “plan”?
It’s fine for Miller to complain about goalies getting run over intentionally, but you couldn’t very well ask Jannik Hansen to pass on the chance to take the puck to front of the net. That’s where most goals are scored.
Besides, it was Henrik Zetterberg who pushed Hansen off balance and into Howard. Blame him.
Or don’t blame anyone. It’s a tough sport.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)