Dec 22, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
If Ryan Miller isn’t careful, he’s going to get a reputation for whining.
The Buffalo netminder spoke out again today about the plight of the defenseless goalie.
“I think it’s just the way the game’s going,” Miller said, as per the Canadian Press. “Obviously, I pay attention to other games in the league and I think it’s becoming a little bit of the guys are trying to arrive at the net without a plan.
“Two nights ago, you saw it with (Winnipeg’s Evander) Kane driving through (Islanders goalie Al) Montoya, last night I saw (Detroit’s) Jimmy Howard get run over in Vancouver and they even scored a goal off the play.”
Hmmm…maybe because scoring a goal off the play was the “plan”?
It’s fine for Miller to complain about goalies getting run over intentionally, but you couldn’t very well ask Jannik Hansen to pass on the chance to take the puck to front of the net. That’s where most goals are scored.
Besides, it was Henrik Zetterberg who pushed Hansen off balance and into Howard. Blame him.
Or don’t blame anyone. It’s a tough sport.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 42
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)