Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
Haven’t done a Mike Green update in a while, so here goes.
According to CSNWashington.com, the Capitals defenseman was on the ice for a fourth straight day today and “stuck around for some brief line rushes at practice, a sign that he could be getting close to participating in full practices.”
Green (groin) has only played eight games for the Caps this season, all of them Washington victories.
Caps general manager George McPhee has said that Green’s injury was a “significant” one, and given groin injuries can be tough to heal and easily tweaked, it’s impossible to pinpoint a return date.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)