Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
Haven’t done a Mike Green update in a while, so here goes.
According to CSNWashington.com, the Capitals defenseman was on the ice for a fourth straight day today and “stuck around for some brief line rushes at practice, a sign that he could be getting close to participating in full practices.”
Green (groin) has only played eight games for the Caps this season, all of them Washington victories.
Caps general manager George McPhee has said that Green’s injury was a “significant” one, and given groin injuries can be tough to heal and easily tweaked, it’s impossible to pinpoint a return date.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)