Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
Haven’t done a Mike Green update in a while, so here goes.
According to CSNWashington.com, the Capitals defenseman was on the ice for a fourth straight day today and “stuck around for some brief line rushes at practice, a sign that he could be getting close to participating in full practices.”
Green (groin) has only played eight games for the Caps this season, all of them Washington victories.
Caps general manager George McPhee has said that Green’s injury was a “significant” one, and given groin injuries can be tough to heal and easily tweaked, it’s impossible to pinpoint a return date.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54