Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
Haven’t done a Mike Green update in a while, so here goes.
According to CSNWashington.com, the Capitals defenseman was on the ice for a fourth straight day today and “stuck around for some brief line rushes at practice, a sign that he could be getting close to participating in full practices.”
Green (groin) has only played eight games for the Caps this season, all of them Washington victories.
Caps general manager George McPhee has said that Green’s injury was a “significant” one, and given groin injuries can be tough to heal and easily tweaked, it’s impossible to pinpoint a return date.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)