Dec 22, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
Haven’t done a Mike Green update in a while, so here goes.
According to CSNWashington.com, the Capitals defenseman was on the ice for a fourth straight day today and “stuck around for some brief line rushes at practice, a sign that he could be getting close to participating in full practices.”
Green (groin) has only played eight games for the Caps this season, all of them Washington victories.
Caps general manager George McPhee has said that Green’s injury was a “significant” one, and given groin injuries can be tough to heal and easily tweaked, it’s impossible to pinpoint a return date.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)