Dec 22, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Jeremy Roenick put together a fantastic and memorable hockey career. He became the third American-born player to cross the 500-goal mark with 513 and finished his NHL days with an impressive 1,216 regular season points. He was a nine-time All-Star and won a silver medal with the U.S. Olympic team in 2002.
There were some great times for Roenick, but his rough style came at a cost. He claims that he had 13 documented concussions and could have had more. Watch as J.R. discusses some of his most painful (but literally not always memorable) moments in the NHL:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34