Dec 22, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
Jeremy Roenick put together a fantastic and memorable hockey career. He became the third American-born player to cross the 500-goal mark with 513 and finished his NHL days with an impressive 1,216 regular season points. He was a nine-time All-Star and won a silver medal with the U.S. Olympic team in 2002.
There were some great times for Roenick, but his rough style came at a cost. He claims that he had 13 documented concussions and could have had more. Watch as J.R. discusses some of his most painful (but literally not always memorable) moments in the NHL:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5