Dec 21, 2011, 1:39 PM EST
PHT isn’t much for role-playing (these masks are for Halloween-related purposes! I swear!) but today, it feels apropos. There were four contentious hits in the NHL last night and it’s safe to assume the league’s discipline czar will be busy reviewing them today.
So here’s your big chance to be Brendan Shanahan. Iron your shirt, put on a nice sports coat and judge these hits.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Relevant factoids: No penalty on the play for Engelland (unless you count getting whaled on by John Scott a penalty). Kruger played the remainder of the first period before being pulled from the game. Kruger now out with a concussion.
Relevant factoids: Semin got two minutes for boarding. Tootoo appeared no worse for wear and finished with 14:49 of ice time.
PHT opining: Can’t help but think if it was Tootoo that boarded Semin, he’d have the book thrown at him.
Relevant factoids: No penalty for Gaustad on the play. Winchester left the game and didn’t return; he’s now out with a concussion.
Relevant factoids: Kane got two minutes for goaltender interference. Montoya left the game and didn’t return with an apparent upper-body injury. Arthur Staple of Newsday confirmed Montoya was cleared to fly home with the team.
Okay, let’s go. Verdicts in the comments section. Do it. Do it.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17