Dec 21, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
PHT isn’t much for role-playing (these masks are for Halloween-related purposes! I swear!) but today, it feels apropos. There were four contentious hits in the NHL last night and it’s safe to assume the league’s discipline czar will be busy reviewing them today.
So here’s your big chance to be Brendan Shanahan. Iron your shirt, put on a nice sports coat and judge these hits.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Relevant factoids: No penalty on the play for Engelland (unless you count getting whaled on by John Scott a penalty). Kruger played the remainder of the first period before being pulled from the game. Kruger now out with a concussion.
Relevant factoids: Semin got two minutes for boarding. Tootoo appeared no worse for wear and finished with 14:49 of ice time.
PHT opining: Can’t help but think if it was Tootoo that boarded Semin, he’d have the book thrown at him.
Relevant factoids: No penalty for Gaustad on the play. Winchester left the game and didn’t return; he’s now out with a concussion.
Relevant factoids: Kane got two minutes for goaltender interference. Montoya left the game and didn’t return with an apparent upper-body injury. Arthur Staple of Newsday confirmed Montoya was cleared to fly home with the team.
Okay, let’s go. Verdicts in the comments section. Do it. Do it.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40