Dec 21, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT
PHT isn’t much for role-playing (these masks are for Halloween-related purposes! I swear!) but today, it feels apropos. There were four contentious hits in the NHL last night and it’s safe to assume the league’s discipline czar will be busy reviewing them today.
So here’s your big chance to be Brendan Shanahan. Iron your shirt, put on a nice sports coat and judge these hits.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Relevant factoids: No penalty on the play for Engelland (unless you count getting whaled on by John Scott a penalty). Kruger played the remainder of the first period before being pulled from the game. Kruger now out with a concussion.
Relevant factoids: Semin got two minutes for boarding. Tootoo appeared no worse for wear and finished with 14:49 of ice time.
PHT opining: Can’t help but think if it was Tootoo that boarded Semin, he’d have the book thrown at him.
Relevant factoids: No penalty for Gaustad on the play. Winchester left the game and didn’t return; he’s now out with a concussion.
Relevant factoids: Kane got two minutes for goaltender interference. Montoya left the game and didn’t return with an apparent upper-body injury. Arthur Staple of Newsday confirmed Montoya was cleared to fly home with the team.
Okay, let’s go. Verdicts in the comments section. Do it. Do it.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)