Dec 21, 2011, 1:39 PM EST
PHT isn’t much for role-playing (these masks are for Halloween-related purposes! I swear!) but today, it feels apropos. There were four contentious hits in the NHL last night and it’s safe to assume the league’s discipline czar will be busy reviewing them today.
So here’s your big chance to be Brendan Shanahan. Iron your shirt, put on a nice sports coat and judge these hits.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Relevant factoids: No penalty on the play for Engelland (unless you count getting whaled on by John Scott a penalty). Kruger played the remainder of the first period before being pulled from the game. Kruger now out with a concussion.
Relevant factoids: Semin got two minutes for boarding. Tootoo appeared no worse for wear and finished with 14:49 of ice time.
PHT opining: Can’t help but think if it was Tootoo that boarded Semin, he’d have the book thrown at him.
Relevant factoids: No penalty for Gaustad on the play. Winchester left the game and didn’t return; he’s now out with a concussion.
Relevant factoids: Kane got two minutes for goaltender interference. Montoya left the game and didn’t return with an apparent upper-body injury. Arthur Staple of Newsday confirmed Montoya was cleared to fly home with the team.
Okay, let’s go. Verdicts in the comments section. Do it. Do it.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21