Dec 21, 2011, 3:46 PM EDT
Of course, anytime a top forward returns to the lineup, it’s good news for the team. However, it’s especially good news for the Kings, a team that hasn’t scored three goals in a game since Nov. 22, a day short of a month ago.
Since Richards (concussion) has been unable to play, Los Angeles has combined for 12 goals in seven games, an average of 1.7 per contest.
Given the sensitive nature of his injury, Richards admitted Monday he was hesitant about returning to action too soon.
“It’s a tough thing because you’re always thinking about it, so you never know,” he told reporters. “You want to be ready and when you do come back you don’t want to be cautious when you step in there feeling confident.”
Tomorrow’s Kings-Ducks game in Anaheim will also feature the debut of Darryl Sutter behind L.A.’s bench. Sutter ran his first practice today and is set to speak with the media later today.
Here we see Sutter providing Anze Kopitar with some kind words of encouragement (probably):
(image via LA Kings Insider)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)