Dec 21, 2011, 3:46 PM EDT
Of course, anytime a top forward returns to the lineup, it’s good news for the team. However, it’s especially good news for the Kings, a team that hasn’t scored three goals in a game since Nov. 22, a day short of a month ago.
Since Richards (concussion) has been unable to play, Los Angeles has combined for 12 goals in seven games, an average of 1.7 per contest.
Given the sensitive nature of his injury, Richards admitted Monday he was hesitant about returning to action too soon.
“It’s a tough thing because you’re always thinking about it, so you never know,” he told reporters. “You want to be ready and when you do come back you don’t want to be cautious when you step in there feeling confident.”
Tomorrow’s Kings-Ducks game in Anaheim will also feature the debut of Darryl Sutter behind L.A.’s bench. Sutter ran his first practice today and is set to speak with the media later today.
Here we see Sutter providing Anze Kopitar with some kind words of encouragement (probably):
(image via LA Kings Insider)
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)