Dec 21, 2011, 3:46 PM EDT
Of course, anytime a top forward returns to the lineup, it’s good news for the team. However, it’s especially good news for the Kings, a team that hasn’t scored three goals in a game since Nov. 22, a day short of a month ago.
Since Richards (concussion) has been unable to play, Los Angeles has combined for 12 goals in seven games, an average of 1.7 per contest.
Given the sensitive nature of his injury, Richards admitted Monday he was hesitant about returning to action too soon.
“It’s a tough thing because you’re always thinking about it, so you never know,” he told reporters. “You want to be ready and when you do come back you don’t want to be cautious when you step in there feeling confident.”
Tomorrow’s Kings-Ducks game in Anaheim will also feature the debut of Darryl Sutter behind L.A.’s bench. Sutter ran his first practice today and is set to speak with the media later today.
Here we see Sutter providing Anze Kopitar with some kind words of encouragement (probably):
(image via LA Kings Insider)
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)