Dec 21, 2011, 3:46 PM EDT
Of course, anytime a top forward returns to the lineup, it’s good news for the team. However, it’s especially good news for the Kings, a team that hasn’t scored three goals in a game since Nov. 22, a day short of a month ago.
Since Richards (concussion) has been unable to play, Los Angeles has combined for 12 goals in seven games, an average of 1.7 per contest.
Given the sensitive nature of his injury, Richards admitted Monday he was hesitant about returning to action too soon.
“It’s a tough thing because you’re always thinking about it, so you never know,” he told reporters. “You want to be ready and when you do come back you don’t want to be cautious when you step in there feeling confident.”
Tomorrow’s Kings-Ducks game in Anaheim will also feature the debut of Darryl Sutter behind L.A.’s bench. Sutter ran his first practice today and is set to speak with the media later today.
Here we see Sutter providing Anze Kopitar with some kind words of encouragement (probably):
(image via LA Kings Insider)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)