Dec 21, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
While Seabrook was back in action last night for Chicago, Bourque was dishing out apologies for his dirty hit, according to Steve MacFarlane of the Calgary Sun. Considering that Bourque used to be a teammate of Seabrook’s in Chicago, it made things a bit more personal.
“I played with the guy four years. I felt pretty bad,” Bourque said Tuesday before he sat out the first of his two-game suspension with his Flames hosting the Minnesota Wild. “I went and talked to him during the third period just to make sure he was alright and say sorry.
“He accepted my apology.”
Brent Seabrook is a bigger guy than we would be. We’d still be a little bit more annoyed about things. Accepting an apology with a face wash is OK, right?
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 6
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 25
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 42
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)