Dec 21, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
While Seabrook was back in action last night for Chicago, Bourque was dishing out apologies for his dirty hit, according to Steve MacFarlane of the Calgary Sun. Considering that Bourque used to be a teammate of Seabrook’s in Chicago, it made things a bit more personal.
“I played with the guy four years. I felt pretty bad,” Bourque said Tuesday before he sat out the first of his two-game suspension with his Flames hosting the Minnesota Wild. “I went and talked to him during the third period just to make sure he was alright and say sorry.
“He accepted my apology.”
Brent Seabrook is a bigger guy than we would be. We’d still be a little bit more annoyed about things. Accepting an apology with a face wash is OK, right?
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)