Dec 21, 2011, 2:49 PM EDT
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Here’s a comprehensive roundup of today’s concussion coverage from Comcast SportsNet NHL insiders:
Kevin Kurz (CSN Bay Area), Tracey Myers (CSN Chicago), Joe Haggerty (CSN New England), Tim Panaccio (CSN Philadelphia) and Chuck Gormley (CSN Washington) discuss concussion causes, remedies and answer the question: Are we seeing a concussion crisis?
Gormley discusses how head injuries have impacted once-exciting rivalries like Capitals-Penguins and Penguins-Flyers.
Three videos here. 1) Claude Giroux talks about his concussion and those suffered by Sidney Crosby and Chris Pronger. 2) Pronger’s neurologist, Dr. Steven Bromley, talks about the complexity of diagnosing and treating the injury. 3) Eric Lindros talks about the speed at which hockey’s currently being played and how it’s impacted the concussion epidemic.
Former Flyers center Keith Primeau talks about his post-concussion symptoms and what he’s trying to do to prevent head injuries in hockey.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)