Dec 21, 2011, 2:49 PM EDT
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Here’s a comprehensive roundup of today’s concussion coverage from Comcast SportsNet NHL insiders:
Kevin Kurz (CSN Bay Area), Tracey Myers (CSN Chicago), Joe Haggerty (CSN New England), Tim Panaccio (CSN Philadelphia) and Chuck Gormley (CSN Washington) discuss concussion causes, remedies and answer the question: Are we seeing a concussion crisis?
Gormley discusses how head injuries have impacted once-exciting rivalries like Capitals-Penguins and Penguins-Flyers.
Three videos here. 1) Claude Giroux talks about his concussion and those suffered by Sidney Crosby and Chris Pronger. 2) Pronger’s neurologist, Dr. Steven Bromley, talks about the complexity of diagnosing and treating the injury. 3) Eric Lindros talks about the speed at which hockey’s currently being played and how it’s impacted the concussion epidemic.
Former Flyers center Keith Primeau talks about his post-concussion symptoms and what he’s trying to do to prevent head injuries in hockey.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)