Dec 21, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
Earlier today, the NBC Sports Group and NHL held a press event at 30 Rockefeller Plaza to celebrate the fifth year of the NHL Winter Classic. Those in attendance included host Liam McHugh, former New York Ranger Adam Graves, Winter Classic host Bob Costas and of course, NHL lead play-by-play commentator Mike “Doc” Emrick.
And we’ve got the video!
Here’s Doc talking about the longstanding rivalry between the Flyers and Rangers and how he expects it to play out on Jan. 2:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This will be Emrick’s third straight Winter Classic — all told, he’ll have worked four of the five in league history. The only one he missed was the 2009 edition between Detroit and Chicago, because he’d come down with laryngitis. Versus’ Dave Strader filled in (of note, Strader also called the 2011 Heritage Classic from Calgary.)
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)