Dec 21, 2011, 10:01 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Deryk Engelland already faced an old-school punishment for his hit on Marcus Kruger, as he had to drop the mitts with enormous Chicago Blackhawks enforcer John Scott. Brendan Shanahan often considers context with his disciplinary choices, but a pugilistic penalty might not be enough, as Engelland will participate in a conference call with the NHL on Thursday.
The hit to the head took place during a nationally televised game on Versus on Tuesday, so that certainly brought attention to the questionable check.
Do you feel like he deserves a suspension, just a fine or nothing at all? Share your thoughts in this post, which covers Shanahan’s latest round of decisions.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5