Dec 21, 2011, 10:01 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Deryk Engelland already faced an old-school punishment for his hit on Marcus Kruger, as he had to drop the mitts with enormous Chicago Blackhawks enforcer John Scott. Brendan Shanahan often considers context with his disciplinary choices, but a pugilistic penalty might not be enough, as Engelland will participate in a conference call with the NHL on Thursday.
The hit to the head took place during a nationally televised game on Versus on Tuesday, so that certainly brought attention to the questionable check.
Do you feel like he deserves a suspension, just a fine or nothing at all? Share your thoughts in this post, which covers Shanahan’s latest round of decisions.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)