Dec 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
As crazy as it might seem, it’s been confirmed that Claude Giroux will play tonight. His Philadelphia Flyers are moments away from taking on the Dallas Stars on Versus, so you can get a look at how close he is to 100 percent.
Amazingly, Giroux has only missed four games with his concussion. He suffered from a bit of friendly fire via his teammate Wayne Simmonds, who attempted to hurdle him but failed to make the jump during a game against Tampa Bay on Dec. 20.
Giroux remains in a four-way tie for the NHL points lead with Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel and Henrik Sedin. Hopefully it’ll be worth the risk for Giroux to try to keep pace with that trio (and help his team in the process).
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 13
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 17
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 24
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 52
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)