Dec 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
As crazy as it might seem, it’s been confirmed that Claude Giroux will play tonight. His Philadelphia Flyers are moments away from taking on the Dallas Stars on Versus, so you can get a look at how close he is to 100 percent.
Amazingly, Giroux has only missed four games with his concussion. He suffered from a bit of friendly fire via his teammate Wayne Simmonds, who attempted to hurdle him but failed to make the jump during a game against Tampa Bay on Dec. 20.
Giroux remains in a four-way tie for the NHL points lead with Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel and Henrik Sedin. Hopefully it’ll be worth the risk for Giroux to try to keep pace with that trio (and help his team in the process).
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)