Dec 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
As crazy as it might seem, it’s been confirmed that Claude Giroux will play tonight. His Philadelphia Flyers are moments away from taking on the Dallas Stars on Versus, so you can get a look at how close he is to 100 percent.
Amazingly, Giroux has only missed four games with his concussion. He suffered from a bit of friendly fire via his teammate Wayne Simmonds, who attempted to hurdle him but failed to make the jump during a game against Tampa Bay on Dec. 20.
Giroux remains in a four-way tie for the NHL points lead with Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel and Henrik Sedin. Hopefully it’ll be worth the risk for Giroux to try to keep pace with that trio (and help his team in the process).
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)