Dec 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
As crazy as it might seem, it’s been confirmed that Claude Giroux will play tonight. His Philadelphia Flyers are moments away from taking on the Dallas Stars on Versus, so you can get a look at how close he is to 100 percent.
Amazingly, Giroux has only missed four games with his concussion. He suffered from a bit of friendly fire via his teammate Wayne Simmonds, who attempted to hurdle him but failed to make the jump during a game against Tampa Bay on Dec. 20.
Giroux remains in a four-way tie for the NHL points lead with Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel and Henrik Sedin. Hopefully it’ll be worth the risk for Giroux to try to keep pace with that trio (and help his team in the process).
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)