Dec 21, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
As crazy as it might seem, it’s been confirmed that Claude Giroux will play tonight. His Philadelphia Flyers are moments away from taking on the Dallas Stars on Versus, so you can get a look at how close he is to 100 percent.
Amazingly, Giroux has only missed four games with his concussion. He suffered from a bit of friendly fire via his teammate Wayne Simmonds, who attempted to hurdle him but failed to make the jump during a game against Tampa Bay on Dec. 20.
Giroux remains in a four-way tie for the NHL points lead with Evgeni Malkin, Phil Kessel and Henrik Sedin. Hopefully it’ll be worth the risk for Giroux to try to keep pace with that trio (and help his team in the process).
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 0
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 4
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (50)