Dec 21, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
Claude Giroux‘s sensational season was put on hold with a concussion on Dec. 10, but he built up enough of a points lead that he entered tonight’s action tied for first place with 39 points. He could probably take another game or two off if that’s his desire after his sensational four-point game in a 4-1 win against the Dallas Stars tonight.
That effort places Giroux all alone in first place with 43 points in just 29 games. It was no accident, either, as it seemed like his line created a scoring chance on almost every shift.
The nearly inevitable Sidney Crosby comparisons continue, but that’s not a horrible thing in this case. The good comparison is that Giroux matched Crosby’s four points in a concussion comeback. Hopefully he won’t match the bad parallel of getting hurt again soon after, though.
Here’s his one goal and the first of four points, which wasn’t quite as pretty as most of his productive moments for Thursday and this fantastic 2011-12 campaign.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here are the highlights from the game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)