Dec 21, 2011, 10:23 PM EST
Claude Giroux‘s sensational season was put on hold with a concussion on Dec. 10, but he built up enough of a points lead that he entered tonight’s action tied for first place with 39 points. He could probably take another game or two off if that’s his desire after his sensational four-point game in a 4-1 win against the Dallas Stars tonight.
That effort places Giroux all alone in first place with 43 points in just 29 games. It was no accident, either, as it seemed like his line created a scoring chance on almost every shift.
The nearly inevitable Sidney Crosby comparisons continue, but that’s not a horrible thing in this case. The good comparison is that Giroux matched Crosby’s four points in a concussion comeback. Hopefully he won’t match the bad parallel of getting hurt again soon after, though.
Here’s his one goal and the first of four points, which wasn’t quite as pretty as most of his productive moments for Thursday and this fantastic 2011-12 campaign.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here are the highlights from the game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 0
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)