Dec 21, 2011, 1:55 AM EST
Tuesday night included some entertaining games, but that came at the cost of several unnerving injuries. Let’s take a look at some of the most noteworthy ones.
- Mike Smith left the Phoenix Coyotes’ game with a possible groin injury. Dave Vest reports that he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
- Marcus Kruger didn’t return to the Chicago Blackhawks-Pittsburgh Penguins game after a controversial hit by Deryk Engelland.
- Mikael Samuelsson was knocked out of the Florida Panthers’ frustrating loss to Phoenix after a hard hit in the second period. Word is that he’s dealing with a head injury. It’s been an injury ravaged last few months for Samuelsson.
- The most controversial moment might be a collision that injured New York Islanders goalie Al Montoya. Evander Kane crashed into the Isles netminder, who didn’t return. We’ll see if this opens the door wide enough for Evgeni Nabokov to lay claim to the No. 1 job, but does Kane deserve a suspension or fine in a time of Ryan Miller fears?
This highlight package includes that collision.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Score has this isolated video, if you want to give it the Zapruder treatment:
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)