Dec 21, 2011, 1:55 AM EDT
Tuesday night included some entertaining games, but that came at the cost of several unnerving injuries. Let’s take a look at some of the most noteworthy ones.
- Mike Smith left the Phoenix Coyotes’ game with a possible groin injury. Dave Vest reports that he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
- Marcus Kruger didn’t return to the Chicago Blackhawks-Pittsburgh Penguins game after a controversial hit by Deryk Engelland.
- Mikael Samuelsson was knocked out of the Florida Panthers’ frustrating loss to Phoenix after a hard hit in the second period. Word is that he’s dealing with a head injury. It’s been an injury ravaged last few months for Samuelsson.
- The most controversial moment might be a collision that injured New York Islanders goalie Al Montoya. Evander Kane crashed into the Isles netminder, who didn’t return. We’ll see if this opens the door wide enough for Evgeni Nabokov to lay claim to the No. 1 job, but does Kane deserve a suspension or fine in a time of Ryan Miller fears?
This highlight package includes that collision.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Score has this isolated video, if you want to give it the Zapruder treatment:
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)