Dec 21, 2011, 1:55 AM EST
Tuesday night included some entertaining games, but that came at the cost of several unnerving injuries. Let’s take a look at some of the most noteworthy ones.
- Mike Smith left the Phoenix Coyotes’ game with a possible groin injury. Dave Vest reports that he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
- Marcus Kruger didn’t return to the Chicago Blackhawks-Pittsburgh Penguins game after a controversial hit by Deryk Engelland.
- Mikael Samuelsson was knocked out of the Florida Panthers’ frustrating loss to Phoenix after a hard hit in the second period. Word is that he’s dealing with a head injury. It’s been an injury ravaged last few months for Samuelsson.
- The most controversial moment might be a collision that injured New York Islanders goalie Al Montoya. Evander Kane crashed into the Isles netminder, who didn’t return. We’ll see if this opens the door wide enough for Evgeni Nabokov to lay claim to the No. 1 job, but does Kane deserve a suspension or fine in a time of Ryan Miller fears?
This highlight package includes that collision.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Score has this isolated video, if you want to give it the Zapruder treatment:
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5