Dec 21, 2011, 1:55 AM EDT
Tuesday night included some entertaining games, but that came at the cost of several unnerving injuries. Let’s take a look at some of the most noteworthy ones.
- Mike Smith left the Phoenix Coyotes’ game with a possible groin injury. Dave Vest reports that he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
- Marcus Kruger didn’t return to the Chicago Blackhawks-Pittsburgh Penguins game after a controversial hit by Deryk Engelland.
- Mikael Samuelsson was knocked out of the Florida Panthers’ frustrating loss to Phoenix after a hard hit in the second period. Word is that he’s dealing with a head injury. It’s been an injury ravaged last few months for Samuelsson.
- The most controversial moment might be a collision that injured New York Islanders goalie Al Montoya. Evander Kane crashed into the Isles netminder, who didn’t return. We’ll see if this opens the door wide enough for Evgeni Nabokov to lay claim to the No. 1 job, but does Kane deserve a suspension or fine in a time of Ryan Miller fears?
This highlight package includes that collision.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Score has this isolated video, if you want to give it the Zapruder treatment:
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)