Dec 21, 2011, 1:55 AM EST
Tuesday night included some entertaining games, but that came at the cost of several unnerving injuries. Let’s take a look at some of the most noteworthy ones.
- Mike Smith left the Phoenix Coyotes’ game with a possible groin injury. Dave Vest reports that he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday.
- Marcus Kruger didn’t return to the Chicago Blackhawks-Pittsburgh Penguins game after a controversial hit by Deryk Engelland.
- Mikael Samuelsson was knocked out of the Florida Panthers’ frustrating loss to Phoenix after a hard hit in the second period. Word is that he’s dealing with a head injury. It’s been an injury ravaged last few months for Samuelsson.
- The most controversial moment might be a collision that injured New York Islanders goalie Al Montoya. Evander Kane crashed into the Isles netminder, who didn’t return. We’ll see if this opens the door wide enough for Evgeni Nabokov to lay claim to the No. 1 job, but does Kane deserve a suspension or fine in a time of Ryan Miller fears?
This highlight package includes that collision.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Score has this isolated video, if you want to give it the Zapruder treatment:
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans have a right to be upset with St. Louis 0
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)