Dec 20, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov has already endeared himself to all of us thanks to 24/7, but now he’s giving it up for the fans in Philly with the mask he’ll be wearing for the 2012 Winter Classic.
Instead of opting for Rocky Balboa and Benjamin Franklin, he’s running with Philly sports icons Reggie White, Mike Schmidt, “Dr. J” Julius Erving, Bobby Clarke, and Joe Frazier. If this mask was any more Philly it’d have a crazed Danny DeVito eating a sandwich from Geno’s/Pat’s/Tony Luke’s while playing flip cup. This is pretty cool just the same.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25