Dec 20, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov has already endeared himself to all of us thanks to 24/7, but now he’s giving it up for the fans in Philly with the mask he’ll be wearing for the 2012 Winter Classic.
Instead of opting for Rocky Balboa and Benjamin Franklin, he’s running with Philly sports icons Reggie White, Mike Schmidt, “Dr. J” Julius Erving, Bobby Clarke, and Joe Frazier. If this mask was any more Philly it’d have a crazed Danny DeVito eating a sandwich from Geno’s/Pat’s/Tony Luke’s while playing flip cup. This is pretty cool just the same.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18