Dec 20, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Blackhawks come into tonight’s game in Pittsburgh against the Penguins (7:30 p.m. ET) riding high on a five-game winning streak and winner of seven of their last eight. The main man behind Chicago’s success? None other than goalie Ray Emery.
Emery has won all five games in their latest streak and while taking the starting job away from Corey Crawford seemed to be a long shot when the season began, Emery’s played so well he’s relegated Crawford to the bench. Not bad work for a guy a lot of people thought were washed up.
Helping make life easier for Emery of late has been Patrick Sharp who’s been tearing things up so much he’s vaulted into the goal scoring race with 17, three behind Steve Stamkos. His 35 points put him one behind Marian Hossa for the team lead. Oh yeah, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane aren’t half bad either.
If there’s someone to put an end to Chicago’s winning ways, it’s Evgeni Malkin. Malkin was one of the NHL’s stars of the week after blowing up huge against Buffalo over the weekend. Malkin is just three points off the NHL scoring lead that sees Phil Kessel and Claude Giroux on top of things. Having James Neal to feed passes to helps. Expect to see Marc-Andre Fleury get the call in goal tonight for Pittsburgh.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 15
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 11
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 25
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 20
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 18
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 71
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 101
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (102)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement