Dec 20, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
Considering the injury of Mike Smith, the Phoenix Coyotes would probably argue that they haven’t been that lucky tonight. Jason LaBarbera was, though, as Stephen Weiss came as close as humanly possible to scoring a game-tying penalty shot goal without actually doing it.
Seriously, that’s brutal. It also gives every wacky goalie motivation to carve up the ice in their crease for the rest of time.
The Coyotes took the 2-1 win, but depending on how severe Smith’s injury might be (it looked like he hurt his arm, but it could also be a groin injury), they might have “lost the war.”
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25