Dec 20, 2011, 11:13 PM EST
Considering the injury of Mike Smith, the Phoenix Coyotes would probably argue that they haven’t been that lucky tonight. Jason LaBarbera was, though, as Stephen Weiss came as close as humanly possible to scoring a game-tying penalty shot goal without actually doing it.
Seriously, that’s brutal. It also gives every wacky goalie motivation to carve up the ice in their crease for the rest of time.
The Coyotes took the 2-1 win, but depending on how severe Smith’s injury might be (it looked like he hurt his arm, but it could also be a groin injury), they might have “lost the war.”
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 44
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11