Dec 20, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
Considering the injury of Mike Smith, the Phoenix Coyotes would probably argue that they haven’t been that lucky tonight. Jason LaBarbera was, though, as Stephen Weiss came as close as humanly possible to scoring a game-tying penalty shot goal without actually doing it.
Seriously, that’s brutal. It also gives every wacky goalie motivation to carve up the ice in their crease for the rest of time.
The Coyotes took the 2-1 win, but depending on how severe Smith’s injury might be (it looked like he hurt his arm, but it could also be a groin injury), they might have “lost the war.”
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7