Dec 20, 2011, 11:13 PM EST
Considering the injury of Mike Smith, the Phoenix Coyotes would probably argue that they haven’t been that lucky tonight. Jason LaBarbera was, though, as Stephen Weiss came as close as humanly possible to scoring a game-tying penalty shot goal without actually doing it.
Seriously, that’s brutal. It also gives every wacky goalie motivation to carve up the ice in their crease for the rest of time.
The Coyotes took the 2-1 win, but depending on how severe Smith’s injury might be (it looked like he hurt his arm, but it could also be a groin injury), they might have “lost the war.”
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11