Dec 20, 2011, 11:13 PM EDT
Considering the injury of Mike Smith, the Phoenix Coyotes would probably argue that they haven’t been that lucky tonight. Jason LaBarbera was, though, as Stephen Weiss came as close as humanly possible to scoring a game-tying penalty shot goal without actually doing it.
Seriously, that’s brutal. It also gives every wacky goalie motivation to carve up the ice in their crease for the rest of time.
The Coyotes took the 2-1 win, but depending on how severe Smith’s injury might be (it looked like he hurt his arm, but it could also be a groin injury), they might have “lost the war.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5