Dec 20, 2011, 12:52 PM EDT
Chicago defenseman Brent Seabrook will play tonight in Pittsburgh.
What a faker.
Fortunately we can kid because he’s alright. Seabrook had to leave Sunday’s game with an upper-body injury after Calgary’s Rene Bourque slammed him face-first into the boards during the first period. The Flames forward, who received a five-minute major and game misconduct for the illegal hit, has since been suspended two games.
Also of note, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports via Twitter that Bourque has apologized to Seabrook.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 35
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 68
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 9
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 24
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 31
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 62
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)