Dec 20, 2011, 8:14 PM EST
As hard as it might be to believe, there are strong rumors that Claude Giroux could make an improbably quick comeback from a concussion on Wednesday. That’s the word from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, who reports that “at least two” of Giroux’s teammates are “certain” he’ll be back.
For disclaimer’s sake, Giroux would only give a “maybe” to such questions. (Let’s not forget that Sidney Crosby‘s teammates thought he would come back a month before his bombastic return, either.)
The Philadelphia Flyers stated that Giroux made “positive strides” and that he was cleared for “all activity” on Saturday. Braydon Coburn bumped a few times in practice today, too, which is a vital part of proving that he could be good to go. With no morning skate planned for Wednesday, it sounds like we won’t know for sure until right before Philly’s match against the Dallas Stars (on Versus at 7:30 pm ET, by the way).
“If you see me in warm-ups, that means I’m going to play,” Giroux said.
In other words, Giroux is day-to-day/a game-time decision/anyone’s guess. The fact that his return is even being discussed already is pretty stunning – and hopefully not a sign that the Flyers are allowing him to make an excessively hasty return. (See: Lindros, Eric.)
File this one under “Believe it when I see it,” though.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5