Dec 20, 2011, 8:14 PM EST
As hard as it might be to believe, there are strong rumors that Claude Giroux could make an improbably quick comeback from a concussion on Wednesday. That’s the word from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, who reports that “at least two” of Giroux’s teammates are “certain” he’ll be back.
For disclaimer’s sake, Giroux would only give a “maybe” to such questions. (Let’s not forget that Sidney Crosby‘s teammates thought he would come back a month before his bombastic return, either.)
The Philadelphia Flyers stated that Giroux made “positive strides” and that he was cleared for “all activity” on Saturday. Braydon Coburn bumped a few times in practice today, too, which is a vital part of proving that he could be good to go. With no morning skate planned for Wednesday, it sounds like we won’t know for sure until right before Philly’s match against the Dallas Stars (on Versus at 7:30 pm ET, by the way).
“If you see me in warm-ups, that means I’m going to play,” Giroux said.
In other words, Giroux is day-to-day/a game-time decision/anyone’s guess. The fact that his return is even being discussed already is pretty stunning – and hopefully not a sign that the Flyers are allowing him to make an excessively hasty return. (See: Lindros, Eric.)
File this one under “Believe it when I see it,” though.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 0
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11