Dec 20, 2011, 8:14 PM EST
As hard as it might be to believe, there are strong rumors that Claude Giroux could make an improbably quick comeback from a concussion on Wednesday. That’s the word from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, who reports that “at least two” of Giroux’s teammates are “certain” he’ll be back.
For disclaimer’s sake, Giroux would only give a “maybe” to such questions. (Let’s not forget that Sidney Crosby‘s teammates thought he would come back a month before his bombastic return, either.)
The Philadelphia Flyers stated that Giroux made “positive strides” and that he was cleared for “all activity” on Saturday. Braydon Coburn bumped a few times in practice today, too, which is a vital part of proving that he could be good to go. With no morning skate planned for Wednesday, it sounds like we won’t know for sure until right before Philly’s match against the Dallas Stars (on Versus at 7:30 pm ET, by the way).
“If you see me in warm-ups, that means I’m going to play,” Giroux said.
In other words, Giroux is day-to-day/a game-time decision/anyone’s guess. The fact that his return is even being discussed already is pretty stunning – and hopefully not a sign that the Flyers are allowing him to make an excessively hasty return. (See: Lindros, Eric.)
File this one under “Believe it when I see it,” though.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23