Dec 20, 2011, 8:14 PM EDT
As hard as it might be to believe, there are strong rumors that Claude Giroux could make an improbably quick comeback from a concussion on Wednesday. That’s the word from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, who reports that “at least two” of Giroux’s teammates are “certain” he’ll be back.
For disclaimer’s sake, Giroux would only give a “maybe” to such questions. (Let’s not forget that Sidney Crosby‘s teammates thought he would come back a month before his bombastic return, either.)
The Philadelphia Flyers stated that Giroux made “positive strides” and that he was cleared for “all activity” on Saturday. Braydon Coburn bumped a few times in practice today, too, which is a vital part of proving that he could be good to go. With no morning skate planned for Wednesday, it sounds like we won’t know for sure until right before Philly’s match against the Dallas Stars (on Versus at 7:30 pm ET, by the way).
“If you see me in warm-ups, that means I’m going to play,” Giroux said.
In other words, Giroux is day-to-day/a game-time decision/anyone’s guess. The fact that his return is even being discussed already is pretty stunning – and hopefully not a sign that the Flyers are allowing him to make an excessively hasty return. (See: Lindros, Eric.)
File this one under “Believe it when I see it,” though.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10