Dec 20, 2011, 8:14 PM EDT
As hard as it might be to believe, there are strong rumors that Claude Giroux could make an improbably quick comeback from a concussion on Wednesday. That’s the word from CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio, who reports that “at least two” of Giroux’s teammates are “certain” he’ll be back.
For disclaimer’s sake, Giroux would only give a “maybe” to such questions. (Let’s not forget that Sidney Crosby‘s teammates thought he would come back a month before his bombastic return, either.)
The Philadelphia Flyers stated that Giroux made “positive strides” and that he was cleared for “all activity” on Saturday. Braydon Coburn bumped a few times in practice today, too, which is a vital part of proving that he could be good to go. With no morning skate planned for Wednesday, it sounds like we won’t know for sure until right before Philly’s match against the Dallas Stars (on Versus at 7:30 pm ET, by the way).
“If you see me in warm-ups, that means I’m going to play,” Giroux said.
In other words, Giroux is day-to-day/a game-time decision/anyone’s guess. The fact that his return is even being discussed already is pretty stunning – and hopefully not a sign that the Flyers are allowing him to make an excessively hasty return. (See: Lindros, Eric.)
File this one under “Believe it when I see it,” though.
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 2
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 28
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)