Dec 20, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
Sportsnet reports Michalek’s return to the ice indicates his recovery is going as planned.
“It was a good day. He came in and he felt real good. He wanted to go for a skate and skated real good, so we’ll take that as being really positive,” said head coach Paul MacLean. “I haven’t heard anything negative from the skate, other than it went good. We’ll see how it goes, but I’ll take it as very positive.”
There’s an outside shot Michalek could rejoin the lineup this week. The Sens have three more games before the Christmas break, including a Friday night affair in Carolina.
“It all depends on when he’s ready to get back,” MacLean said. “If it’s tomorrow when he can practise and we play on Friday, and he says he can go, we’ll probably let him play.”
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32