Dec 20, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
Sportsnet reports Michalek’s return to the ice indicates his recovery is going as planned.
“It was a good day. He came in and he felt real good. He wanted to go for a skate and skated real good, so we’ll take that as being really positive,” said head coach Paul MacLean. “I haven’t heard anything negative from the skate, other than it went good. We’ll see how it goes, but I’ll take it as very positive.”
There’s an outside shot Michalek could rejoin the lineup this week. The Sens have three more games before the Christmas break, including a Friday night affair in Carolina.
“It all depends on when he’s ready to get back,” MacLean said. “If it’s tomorrow when he can practise and we play on Friday, and he says he can go, we’ll probably let him play.”
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17