Dec 20, 2011, 1:22 PM EST
Sportsnet reports Michalek’s return to the ice indicates his recovery is going as planned.
“It was a good day. He came in and he felt real good. He wanted to go for a skate and skated real good, so we’ll take that as being really positive,” said head coach Paul MacLean. “I haven’t heard anything negative from the skate, other than it went good. We’ll see how it goes, but I’ll take it as very positive.”
There’s an outside shot Michalek could rejoin the lineup this week. The Sens have three more games before the Christmas break, including a Friday night affair in Carolina.
“It all depends on when he’s ready to get back,” MacLean said. “If it’s tomorrow when he can practise and we play on Friday, and he says he can go, we’ll probably let him play.”
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 1
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 2
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3