Dec 20, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
Sportsnet reports Michalek’s return to the ice indicates his recovery is going as planned.
“It was a good day. He came in and he felt real good. He wanted to go for a skate and skated real good, so we’ll take that as being really positive,” said head coach Paul MacLean. “I haven’t heard anything negative from the skate, other than it went good. We’ll see how it goes, but I’ll take it as very positive.”
There’s an outside shot Michalek could rejoin the lineup this week. The Sens have three more games before the Christmas break, including a Friday night affair in Carolina.
“It all depends on when he’s ready to get back,” MacLean said. “If it’s tomorrow when he can practise and we play on Friday, and he says he can go, we’ll probably let him play.”
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7