Dec 20, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
Fresh off his performance on Saturday Night Live (NBC!), crooning sensation Michael Buble skated with his beloved hometown hockey team today in Vancouver.
“I had way too much fun,” Buble told reporters. “To get to do that, I guess, is every fan’s wish.”
Today he got to take a shot on the most recent recipient of the Tuesday Tire Pump award, Roberto Luongo.
And how’d that go? According to the Vancouver Sun, “Buble bore down on Luongo, then hit the post and fell into the boards.”
Hey, hitting the post isn’t bad.
“I’m sure Roberto didn’t want me to score,” Buble said. “He’s pretty happy, I think. I just missed it. As I turned away, I think he actually said: ‘Man, these shootouts are easy.’ It was a blast.”
(It’s funny because Luongo isn’t very good at shootouts.)
Meanwhile, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault was asked what he thought of Buble’s special appearance.
“It was a different moment from a busy schedule for us,” Vigneault said. “I think the boys enjoyed having him in the room. He’s a big Canucks fan and a great ambassador for Canada and for Vancouver. When he came in this morning, we gave him the opportunity to showcase his skill set and he did. It was good.”
Buble will replace Mark Mancari on the Canucks’ fourth line tomorrow versus the Red Wings.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)