Dec 20, 2011, 5:51 PM EST
Fresh off his performance on Saturday Night Live (NBC!), crooning sensation Michael Buble skated with his beloved hometown hockey team today in Vancouver.
“I had way too much fun,” Buble told reporters. “To get to do that, I guess, is every fan’s wish.”
Today he got to take a shot on the most recent recipient of the Tuesday Tire Pump award, Roberto Luongo.
And how’d that go? According to the Vancouver Sun, “Buble bore down on Luongo, then hit the post and fell into the boards.”
Hey, hitting the post isn’t bad.
“I’m sure Roberto didn’t want me to score,” Buble said. “He’s pretty happy, I think. I just missed it. As I turned away, I think he actually said: ‘Man, these shootouts are easy.’ It was a blast.”
(It’s funny because Luongo isn’t very good at shootouts.)
Meanwhile, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault was asked what he thought of Buble’s special appearance.
“It was a different moment from a busy schedule for us,” Vigneault said. “I think the boys enjoyed having him in the room. He’s a big Canucks fan and a great ambassador for Canada and for Vancouver. When he came in this morning, we gave him the opportunity to showcase his skill set and he did. It was good.”
Buble will replace Mark Mancari on the Canucks’ fourth line tomorrow versus the Red Wings.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)