Dec 20, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
Fresh off his performance on Saturday Night Live (NBC!), crooning sensation Michael Buble skated with his beloved hometown hockey team today in Vancouver.
“I had way too much fun,” Buble told reporters. “To get to do that, I guess, is every fan’s wish.”
Today he got to take a shot on the most recent recipient of the Tuesday Tire Pump award, Roberto Luongo.
And how’d that go? According to the Vancouver Sun, “Buble bore down on Luongo, then hit the post and fell into the boards.”
Hey, hitting the post isn’t bad.
“I’m sure Roberto didn’t want me to score,” Buble said. “He’s pretty happy, I think. I just missed it. As I turned away, I think he actually said: ‘Man, these shootouts are easy.’ It was a blast.”
(It’s funny because Luongo isn’t very good at shootouts.)
Meanwhile, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault was asked what he thought of Buble’s special appearance.
“It was a different moment from a busy schedule for us,” Vigneault said. “I think the boys enjoyed having him in the room. He’s a big Canucks fan and a great ambassador for Canada and for Vancouver. When he came in this morning, we gave him the opportunity to showcase his skill set and he did. It was good.”
Buble will replace Mark Mancari on the Canucks’ fourth line tomorrow versus the Red Wings.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 19
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)