Dec 20, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
Fresh off his performance on Saturday Night Live (NBC!), crooning sensation Michael Buble skated with his beloved hometown hockey team today in Vancouver.
“I had way too much fun,” Buble told reporters. “To get to do that, I guess, is every fan’s wish.”
Today he got to take a shot on the most recent recipient of the Tuesday Tire Pump award, Roberto Luongo.
And how’d that go? According to the Vancouver Sun, “Buble bore down on Luongo, then hit the post and fell into the boards.”
Hey, hitting the post isn’t bad.
“I’m sure Roberto didn’t want me to score,” Buble said. “He’s pretty happy, I think. I just missed it. As I turned away, I think he actually said: ‘Man, these shootouts are easy.’ It was a blast.”
(It’s funny because Luongo isn’t very good at shootouts.)
Meanwhile, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault was asked what he thought of Buble’s special appearance.
“It was a different moment from a busy schedule for us,” Vigneault said. “I think the boys enjoyed having him in the room. He’s a big Canucks fan and a great ambassador for Canada and for Vancouver. When he came in this morning, we gave him the opportunity to showcase his skill set and he did. It was good.”
Buble will replace Mark Mancari on the Canucks’ fourth line tomorrow versus the Red Wings.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)