Dec 20, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
Fresh off his performance on Saturday Night Live (NBC!), crooning sensation Michael Buble skated with his beloved hometown hockey team today in Vancouver.
“I had way too much fun,” Buble told reporters. “To get to do that, I guess, is every fan’s wish.”
Today he got to take a shot on the most recent recipient of the Tuesday Tire Pump award, Roberto Luongo.
And how’d that go? According to the Vancouver Sun, “Buble bore down on Luongo, then hit the post and fell into the boards.”
Hey, hitting the post isn’t bad.
“I’m sure Roberto didn’t want me to score,” Buble said. “He’s pretty happy, I think. I just missed it. As I turned away, I think he actually said: ‘Man, these shootouts are easy.’ It was a blast.”
(It’s funny because Luongo isn’t very good at shootouts.)
Meanwhile, Canucks coach Alain Vigneault was asked what he thought of Buble’s special appearance.
“It was a different moment from a busy schedule for us,” Vigneault said. “I think the boys enjoyed having him in the room. He’s a big Canucks fan and a great ambassador for Canada and for Vancouver. When he came in this morning, we gave him the opportunity to showcase his skill set and he did. It was good.”
Buble will replace Mark Mancari on the Canucks’ fourth line tomorrow versus the Red Wings.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)