Dec 20, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
It’s been a strange season in Montreal. First, a assistant coach Perry Pearn was fired when Jacques Martin “should have” gotten the axe. Now Martin is without a job and a significant chunk of the market is in an uproar because their interim boss can’t speak French. Yet as much of a mess as that situation has been, the real horrors can be found on that roster. Pierre McGuire and Jeremy Roenick wonder if GM Pierre Gauthier should have been the fall guy instead of Martin.
(Martin isn’t the one who traded for Tomas Kaberle, after all.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11