Dec 20, 2011, 12:23 PM EST
Martin Brodeur only has one problem with HBO’s “24/7” series, and that’s all the cussing.
“I’m not a big fan of the language. It happens, but it’s kind of over the top a little bit to me,” the Devils’ goalie told The Star-Ledger. “People swearing all the time. I know it is what it is. I’ve been doing it for 19 years now. But that’s one thing I don’t enjoy about it because my kids are watching it. I’m not happy they have to listen to that. I know that’s the real thing.”
New Jersey hosts the New York Rangers tonight, thus the topic of conversation between Brodeur and reporters.
For what it’s worth, I couldn’t agree more with Brodeur. Don’t need to hear 100 f-bombs each episode. It makes the players and coaches sound like they should be hanging out with the Fubar guys. Maybe “it is what it is,” but the “Oh my god the NHL is allowing this to be seen” shock value wore out halfway through Bruce Boudreau’s speech.
I dunno, maybe I’m getting old.
/watches old Lawrence Welk shows
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)