Dec 20, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur only has one problem with HBO’s “24/7” series, and that’s all the cussing.
“I’m not a big fan of the language. It happens, but it’s kind of over the top a little bit to me,” the Devils’ goalie told The Star-Ledger. “People swearing all the time. I know it is what it is. I’ve been doing it for 19 years now. But that’s one thing I don’t enjoy about it because my kids are watching it. I’m not happy they have to listen to that. I know that’s the real thing.”
New Jersey hosts the New York Rangers tonight, thus the topic of conversation between Brodeur and reporters.
For what it’s worth, I couldn’t agree more with Brodeur. Don’t need to hear 100 f-bombs each episode. It makes the players and coaches sound like they should be hanging out with the Fubar guys. Maybe “it is what it is,” but the “Oh my god the NHL is allowing this to be seen” shock value wore out halfway through Bruce Boudreau’s speech.
I dunno, maybe I’m getting old.
/watches old Lawrence Welk shows
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 5
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 35
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)