Dec 20, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur only has one problem with HBO’s “24/7” series, and that’s all the cussing.
“I’m not a big fan of the language. It happens, but it’s kind of over the top a little bit to me,” the Devils’ goalie told The Star-Ledger. “People swearing all the time. I know it is what it is. I’ve been doing it for 19 years now. But that’s one thing I don’t enjoy about it because my kids are watching it. I’m not happy they have to listen to that. I know that’s the real thing.”
New Jersey hosts the New York Rangers tonight, thus the topic of conversation between Brodeur and reporters.
For what it’s worth, I couldn’t agree more with Brodeur. Don’t need to hear 100 f-bombs each episode. It makes the players and coaches sound like they should be hanging out with the Fubar guys. Maybe “it is what it is,” but the “Oh my god the NHL is allowing this to be seen” shock value wore out halfway through Bruce Boudreau’s speech.
I dunno, maybe I’m getting old.
/watches old Lawrence Welk shows
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'