Dec 20, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur only has one problem with HBO’s “24/7” series, and that’s all the cussing.
“I’m not a big fan of the language. It happens, but it’s kind of over the top a little bit to me,” the Devils’ goalie told The Star-Ledger. “People swearing all the time. I know it is what it is. I’ve been doing it for 19 years now. But that’s one thing I don’t enjoy about it because my kids are watching it. I’m not happy they have to listen to that. I know that’s the real thing.”
New Jersey hosts the New York Rangers tonight, thus the topic of conversation between Brodeur and reporters.
For what it’s worth, I couldn’t agree more with Brodeur. Don’t need to hear 100 f-bombs each episode. It makes the players and coaches sound like they should be hanging out with the Fubar guys. Maybe “it is what it is,” but the “Oh my god the NHL is allowing this to be seen” shock value wore out halfway through Bruce Boudreau’s speech.
I dunno, maybe I’m getting old.
/watches old Lawrence Welk shows
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)