Dec 20, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur only has one problem with HBO’s “24/7” series, and that’s all the cussing.
“I’m not a big fan of the language. It happens, but it’s kind of over the top a little bit to me,” the Devils’ goalie told The Star-Ledger. “People swearing all the time. I know it is what it is. I’ve been doing it for 19 years now. But that’s one thing I don’t enjoy about it because my kids are watching it. I’m not happy they have to listen to that. I know that’s the real thing.”
New Jersey hosts the New York Rangers tonight, thus the topic of conversation between Brodeur and reporters.
For what it’s worth, I couldn’t agree more with Brodeur. Don’t need to hear 100 f-bombs each episode. It makes the players and coaches sound like they should be hanging out with the Fubar guys. Maybe “it is what it is,” but the “Oh my god the NHL is allowing this to be seen” shock value wore out halfway through Bruce Boudreau’s speech.
I dunno, maybe I’m getting old.
/watches old Lawrence Welk shows
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 0
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 13
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 22
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (110)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)