Dec 20, 2011, 9:05 AM EDT
Nikita Filatov is officially set to play in Russia.
Yahoo!’s Dmitry Chesnokov tweets that Filatov has come to a contract agreement with CSKA of the KHL and will be in the lineup with the team on Thursday. Filatov is signed through the end of this season and is still property of the Ottawa Senators.
It was just yesterday when Filatov’s agent said that contract negotiations going poorly could’ve meant his client came back to North America to play for the Sens, but today’s change in plans fixes things right up. Whether or not we’ll see Filatov return next season is another thing entirely. Filatov’s contract with Ottawa runs out at the end of the year and he’ll become a restricted free agent.
Maybe Filatov will want to seek out Alexander Radulov in Russia and form a dynamic duo of frustrating talent spurning the NHL for home.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 19
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4