Dec 20, 2011, 9:25 AM EST
One good way to make sure you spend a lot of time on the injured list is to not tell the training staff what’s wrong with you when you’re hurt.
Toronto’s Colby Armstrong pulled that off nicely as he didn’t tell Leafs trainers or coach Ron Wilson that he got a concussion against Vancouver. The Globe And Mail’s David Shoalts reports that Armstrong instead told trainers he was dealing with a foot problem. Instead, Armstrong ended up giving away that he had a concussion when he became so nauseous he puked.
On the big checklist of “signs you might have a concussion” you have to believe that “throwing up” is right at the top. The Leafs going without Armstrong indefinitely means any one of Joe Colborne, Darryl Boyce, or Nazem Kadri will get the call from the minors.
Meanwhile, Armstrong is again on the shelf. Armstrong missed 23 games with an ankle injury earlier this season and was just getting back into the flow of things before this concussion setback. At least we’re assuming it was an ankle injury.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (44)