Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
It’s just one game, but the Washington Capitals finally looked like the team many have been waiting for on Tuesday. They handled the Nashville Predators 4-1 as Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Alexander Semin found the net for three of those goals. (CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that this is the first time that Ovechkin and Semin scored in the same game this season.)
Yup, it was the kind of night that wasn’t supposed to be so rare for Washington. Sure, there were some things that weren’t part of the plan; Michal Neuvirth made his fourth consecutive start and Semin coughed up one of his trademark turnovers for Nashville’s only goal.
Still, considering the way things have gone, these highlights are a sight for sore eyes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 3
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54