Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
It’s just one game, but the Washington Capitals finally looked like the team many have been waiting for on Tuesday. They handled the Nashville Predators 4-1 as Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Alexander Semin found the net for three of those goals. (CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that this is the first time that Ovechkin and Semin scored in the same game this season.)
Yup, it was the kind of night that wasn’t supposed to be so rare for Washington. Sure, there were some things that weren’t part of the plan; Michal Neuvirth made his fourth consecutive start and Semin coughed up one of his trademark turnovers for Nashville’s only goal.
Still, considering the way things have gone, these highlights are a sight for sore eyes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5