Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
It’s just one game, but the Washington Capitals finally looked like the team many have been waiting for on Tuesday. They handled the Nashville Predators 4-1 as Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Alexander Semin found the net for three of those goals. (CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley reports that this is the first time that Ovechkin and Semin scored in the same game this season.)
Yup, it was the kind of night that wasn’t supposed to be so rare for Washington. Sure, there were some things that weren’t part of the plan; Michal Neuvirth made his fourth consecutive start and Semin coughed up one of his trademark turnovers for Nashville’s only goal.
Still, considering the way things have gone, these highlights are a sight for sore eyes.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7