Dec 19, 2011, 2:27 PM EDT
The NHL has released an architectural rendering of what Citizens Bank Park will look like for the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic:
While NHL Facilities and Operations Manager Dan Craig and his crew arrived today (with their famous 53-foot refrigeration truck) to start building the rink, a couple of features have already been installed. The first pieces of armor decking have been laid down to protect the baseball field and the temporary seating you see in center field has been erected.
Related: Here’s the NHL.com live video stream of Winter Classic field prep in real-time.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2