Dec 19, 2011, 2:27 PM EST
The NHL has released an architectural rendering of what Citizens Bank Park will look like for the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic:
While NHL Facilities and Operations Manager Dan Craig and his crew arrived today (with their famous 53-foot refrigeration truck) to start building the rink, a couple of features have already been installed. The first pieces of armor decking have been laid down to protect the baseball field and the temporary seating you see in center field has been erected.
Related: Here’s the NHL.com live video stream of Winter Classic field prep in real-time.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 11
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11