Dec 19, 2011, 2:27 PM EDT
The NHL has released an architectural rendering of what Citizens Bank Park will look like for the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic:
While NHL Facilities and Operations Manager Dan Craig and his crew arrived today (with their famous 53-foot refrigeration truck) to start building the rink, a couple of features have already been installed. The first pieces of armor decking have been laid down to protect the baseball field and the temporary seating you see in center field has been erected.
Related: Here’s the NHL.com live video stream of Winter Classic field prep in real-time.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5