Dec 19, 2011, 2:27 PM EDT
The NHL has released an architectural rendering of what Citizens Bank Park will look like for the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic:
While NHL Facilities and Operations Manager Dan Craig and his crew arrived today (with their famous 53-foot refrigeration truck) to start building the rink, a couple of features have already been installed. The first pieces of armor decking have been laid down to protect the baseball field and the temporary seating you see in center field has been erected.
Related: Here’s the NHL.com live video stream of Winter Classic field prep in real-time.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21