Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
Newly acquired forward Kyle Turris practiced with his Senators teammates for the first time today.
As you can see in the video (via the Ottawa Citizen), there were plenty of reporters on hand to watch the former Coyote stretch. And after that, they got to ask him some questions.
Clearly it’s going to be a different experience playing in a Canadian city, with all the media attention that goes with it. Just ask the Canadian media, which loves to trumpet that particular angle.
“I don’t think I’ve seen this many cameras for a number of years now,” Turris told the assembled media. “It’s a lot different pressure but I’m ready for it.”
The Sens host the Sabres tomorrow.
PPS – How ‘bout Alfie’s mustache? Right out of the mustache textbook.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54