Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
Newly acquired forward Kyle Turris practiced with his Senators teammates for the first time today.
As you can see in the video (via the Ottawa Citizen), there were plenty of reporters on hand to watch the former Coyote stretch. And after that, they got to ask him some questions.
Clearly it’s going to be a different experience playing in a Canadian city, with all the media attention that goes with it. Just ask the Canadian media, which loves to trumpet that particular angle.
“I don’t think I’ve seen this many cameras for a number of years now,” Turris told the assembled media. “It’s a lot different pressure but I’m ready for it.”
The Sens host the Sabres tomorrow.
PPS – How ‘bout Alfie’s mustache? Right out of the mustache textbook.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)