Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
Newly acquired forward Kyle Turris practiced with his Senators teammates for the first time today.
As you can see in the video (via the Ottawa Citizen), there were plenty of reporters on hand to watch the former Coyote stretch. And after that, they got to ask him some questions.
Clearly it’s going to be a different experience playing in a Canadian city, with all the media attention that goes with it. Just ask the Canadian media, which loves to trumpet that particular angle.
“I don’t think I’ve seen this many cameras for a number of years now,” Turris told the assembled media. “It’s a lot different pressure but I’m ready for it.”
The Sens host the Sabres tomorrow.
PPS – How ‘bout Alfie’s mustache? Right out of the mustache textbook.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32