Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
Newly acquired forward Kyle Turris practiced with his Senators teammates for the first time today.
As you can see in the video (via the Ottawa Citizen), there were plenty of reporters on hand to watch the former Coyote stretch. And after that, they got to ask him some questions.
Clearly it’s going to be a different experience playing in a Canadian city, with all the media attention that goes with it. Just ask the Canadian media, which loves to trumpet that particular angle.
“I don’t think I’ve seen this many cameras for a number of years now,” Turris told the assembled media. “It’s a lot different pressure but I’m ready for it.”
The Sens host the Sabres tomorrow.
PPS – How ‘bout Alfie’s mustache? Right out of the mustache textbook.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 11
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 40
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 38
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)