Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
Newly acquired forward Kyle Turris practiced with his Senators teammates for the first time today.
As you can see in the video (via the Ottawa Citizen), there were plenty of reporters on hand to watch the former Coyote stretch. And after that, they got to ask him some questions.
Clearly it’s going to be a different experience playing in a Canadian city, with all the media attention that goes with it. Just ask the Canadian media, which loves to trumpet that particular angle.
“I don’t think I’ve seen this many cameras for a number of years now,” Turris told the assembled media. “It’s a lot different pressure but I’m ready for it.”
The Sens host the Sabres tomorrow.
PPS – How ‘bout Alfie’s mustache? Right out of the mustache textbook.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)