Dec 19, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The Calgary forward’s crushing hit from behind earned him a meeting with Brendan Shanahan this afternoon to discuss whether or not he’ll be suspended for a reckless play. Bourque received a five-minute major for checking from behind and a game misconduct on the play. The Flames went on to lose to Chicago 4-2.
Bourque has no history of dirty play which should help him when making his case to Shanahan. Meanwhile, Seabrook has to get tired of getting crushed on questionable plays. Last season we saw him get run over by Raffi Torres as well as taking a head shot from James Wisniewski two seasons ago.
If you missed the hit, here it is again thanks to CSNChicago.com:
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22