Dec 19, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
If you thought Patrick Roy the player was fiery in Montreal, imagine him as coach or general manager.
It’s a dream for now, but Roy tells RDS in Quebec that if the Canadiens came calling for an open position with the team, he’d be more than happy to listen to their offer. Roy says that once the season is over if there’s a job out there to be had with an organization he’d want to consider what role they had in store for him.
Even in Montreal?
“…Yes – it is certain I would listen if the Canadiens called,” Roy said.
Pierre Gauthier and Randy Cunneyworth might want to watch their backs.
This is the same Patrick Roy that stormed out of a game in 1995 saying he’d never play for the organization again after being left in to give up nine goals to Detroit. The same Roy who won two more Stanley Cups with the Colorado Avalanche. The same Roy who is currently coach, GM, and part-owner of the Quebec Remparts in the QMJHL.
Roy’s done well coaching junior hockey even with the occasional circus side show that develops thanks to him being a feisty guy with a penchant for insulting rival GMs. At least he isn’t complaining about all the Stanley Cup rings in his ears giving him hearing trouble anymore.
Having Roy working in Montreal would be worth it just for the occasional meltdown in handling the Montreal media. We’ve got the popcorn on standby to be popped for this show.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 25
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 12
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)