Dec 19, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
If you thought Patrick Roy the player was fiery in Montreal, imagine him as coach or general manager.
It’s a dream for now, but Roy tells RDS in Quebec that if the Canadiens came calling for an open position with the team, he’d be more than happy to listen to their offer. Roy says that once the season is over if there’s a job out there to be had with an organization he’d want to consider what role they had in store for him.
Even in Montreal?
“…Yes – it is certain I would listen if the Canadiens called,” Roy said.
Pierre Gauthier and Randy Cunneyworth might want to watch their backs.
This is the same Patrick Roy that stormed out of a game in 1995 saying he’d never play for the organization again after being left in to give up nine goals to Detroit. The same Roy who won two more Stanley Cups with the Colorado Avalanche. The same Roy who is currently coach, GM, and part-owner of the Quebec Remparts in the QMJHL.
Roy’s done well coaching junior hockey even with the occasional circus side show that develops thanks to him being a feisty guy with a penchant for insulting rival GMs. At least he isn’t complaining about all the Stanley Cup rings in his ears giving him hearing trouble anymore.
Having Roy working in Montreal would be worth it just for the occasional meltdown in handling the Montreal media. We’ve got the popcorn on standby to be popped for this show.
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 5
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 10
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 18
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles