Dec 19, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
If you thought Patrick Roy the player was fiery in Montreal, imagine him as coach or general manager.
It’s a dream for now, but Roy tells RDS in Quebec that if the Canadiens came calling for an open position with the team, he’d be more than happy to listen to their offer. Roy says that once the season is over if there’s a job out there to be had with an organization he’d want to consider what role they had in store for him.
Even in Montreal?
“…Yes – it is certain I would listen if the Canadiens called,” Roy said.
Pierre Gauthier and Randy Cunneyworth might want to watch their backs.
This is the same Patrick Roy that stormed out of a game in 1995 saying he’d never play for the organization again after being left in to give up nine goals to Detroit. The same Roy who won two more Stanley Cups with the Colorado Avalanche. The same Roy who is currently coach, GM, and part-owner of the Quebec Remparts in the QMJHL.
Roy’s done well coaching junior hockey even with the occasional circus side show that develops thanks to him being a feisty guy with a penchant for insulting rival GMs. At least he isn’t complaining about all the Stanley Cup rings in his ears giving him hearing trouble anymore.
Having Roy working in Montreal would be worth it just for the occasional meltdown in handling the Montreal media. We’ve got the popcorn on standby to be popped for this show.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)