Dec 19, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
If you thought Patrick Roy the player was fiery in Montreal, imagine him as coach or general manager.
It’s a dream for now, but Roy tells RDS in Quebec that if the Canadiens came calling for an open position with the team, he’d be more than happy to listen to their offer. Roy says that once the season is over if there’s a job out there to be had with an organization he’d want to consider what role they had in store for him.
Even in Montreal?
“…Yes – it is certain I would listen if the Canadiens called,” Roy said.
Pierre Gauthier and Randy Cunneyworth might want to watch their backs.
This is the same Patrick Roy that stormed out of a game in 1995 saying he’d never play for the organization again after being left in to give up nine goals to Detroit. The same Roy who won two more Stanley Cups with the Colorado Avalanche. The same Roy who is currently coach, GM, and part-owner of the Quebec Remparts in the QMJHL.
Roy’s done well coaching junior hockey even with the occasional circus side show that develops thanks to him being a feisty guy with a penchant for insulting rival GMs. At least he isn’t complaining about all the Stanley Cup rings in his ears giving him hearing trouble anymore.
Having Roy working in Montreal would be worth it just for the occasional meltdown in handling the Montreal media. We’ve got the popcorn on standby to be popped for this show.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)