Dec 19, 2011, 4:33 PM EDT
This morning, the Vancouver Police Department recommended 52 more charges stemming from the June 15 Stanley Cup riot. That brings the total number of charges recommended to 215 — against 80 individuals — with 69 of them having already been approved by Crown Council.
Yet one charge in particular stands out from the rest.
An unidentified 24-year-old male from Blaine, Wash. is facing charges of participating in a riot, mischief and break and enter after police say he looted a number of items from a store.
The kicker? This future MENSA member was wearing a hockey jersey…with his name on it.
“Like many others, the accused broke into the store and stole a number of items,” said the VPD. “Unlike many others that night, [he] allegedly had his surname emblazoned across his back on a hockey jersey.”
Look, you have to be a special kind of stupid to earn “Dumbest Stanley Cup Rioter” honors. There’s some pretty stiff competition, including standing on a Port-a-Potty guy and punched a firefighter guy. But if these charges stick, IDing himself by wearing his own hockey jersey guy is going to top ’em all.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)