Dec 19, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
Marc Staal‘s season might be getting closer to starting in New York.
The Rangers updated Staal’s recovery from concussion-like symptoms today and said the young defenseman could be cleared for contact in the coming days. Staal has missed all of the season and training camp thanks to having trouble getting over the concussion he suffered last season in a massive collision with his brother Eric.
New York’s defense without Staal, however, has held strong. Dan Girardi has been a rock for them and the play of Henrik Lundqvist in goal has helped save them from any mistakes. Staal is their big gun though and getting him back in the lineup (whenever that happens) will give the Rangers a huge lift and make them an even tougher out in the Eastern Conference.
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 0
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)