Dec 19, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
The 2011-12 season hasn’t been very friendly to new and/or interim head coaches not named Ken Hitchcock. With that thought in mind, John Stevens fared reasonably well in his time running the Los Angeles Kings. Stevens generated a 2-2 record thanks to a 3-2 shootout win against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Bob McKenzie singled out Kings captain Dustin Brown as a possible trade target before tonight’s game, but the hard-hitting forward carried the Kings to that victory. Brown scored a power-play goal during regulation and the shootout game-winner while another struggling L.A. winger (Justin Williams) notched the other tally.
This team hasn’t made a dramatic turnaround since Terry Murry was fired, but Darryl Sutter has at least a few bright sides to look on once he finally becomes the team’s head coach. Check out highlights from the game below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)