Dec 19, 2011, 10:31 PM EST
The 2011-12 season hasn’t been very friendly to new and/or interim head coaches not named Ken Hitchcock. With that thought in mind, John Stevens fared reasonably well in his time running the Los Angeles Kings. Stevens generated a 2-2 record thanks to a 3-2 shootout win against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Bob McKenzie singled out Kings captain Dustin Brown as a possible trade target before tonight’s game, but the hard-hitting forward carried the Kings to that victory. Brown scored a power-play goal during regulation and the shootout game-winner while another struggling L.A. winger (Justin Williams) notched the other tally.
This team hasn’t made a dramatic turnaround since Terry Murry was fired, but Darryl Sutter has at least a few bright sides to look on once he finally becomes the team’s head coach. Check out highlights from the game below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)