Dec 19, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
The 2011-12 season hasn’t been very friendly to new and/or interim head coaches not named Ken Hitchcock. With that thought in mind, John Stevens fared reasonably well in his time running the Los Angeles Kings. Stevens generated a 2-2 record thanks to a 3-2 shootout win against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Bob McKenzie singled out Kings captain Dustin Brown as a possible trade target before tonight’s game, but the hard-hitting forward carried the Kings to that victory. Brown scored a power-play goal during regulation and the shootout game-winner while another struggling L.A. winger (Justin Williams) notched the other tally.
This team hasn’t made a dramatic turnaround since Terry Murry was fired, but Darryl Sutter has at least a few bright sides to look on once he finally becomes the team’s head coach. Check out highlights from the game below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)