Dec 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
This just in off the business wire – GEICO has renewed as the “Official Automobile Insurance Partner of the NHL” in the United States.
According to the press release, TV viewers can expect to see two new GEICO hockey-themed ads during the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on NBC on Jan. 2.
The ads will highlight some notorious hockey rivalries and will commemorate the 75th anniversary of GEICO by looking back at some historical hockey moments.
Anyway, this was mostly an excuse to post that picture of Scott Hartnell with the GEICO Caveman.
“Missed you at the reunion this year, brother.”
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury (Updated) 8
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 26
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)