Dec 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
This just in off the business wire – GEICO has renewed as the “Official Automobile Insurance Partner of the NHL” in the United States.
According to the press release, TV viewers can expect to see two new GEICO hockey-themed ads during the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on NBC on Jan. 2.
The ads will highlight some notorious hockey rivalries and will commemorate the 75th anniversary of GEICO by looking back at some historical hockey moments.
Anyway, this was mostly an excuse to post that picture of Scott Hartnell with the GEICO Caveman.
“Missed you at the reunion this year, brother.”
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)