Dec 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
This just in off the business wire – GEICO has renewed as the “Official Automobile Insurance Partner of the NHL” in the United States.
According to the press release, TV viewers can expect to see two new GEICO hockey-themed ads during the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on NBC on Jan. 2.
The ads will highlight some notorious hockey rivalries and will commemorate the 75th anniversary of GEICO by looking back at some historical hockey moments.
Anyway, this was mostly an excuse to post that picture of Scott Hartnell with the GEICO Caveman.
“Missed you at the reunion this year, brother.”
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)