Dec 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
This just in off the business wire – GEICO has renewed as the “Official Automobile Insurance Partner of the NHL” in the United States.
According to the press release, TV viewers can expect to see two new GEICO hockey-themed ads during the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on NBC on Jan. 2.
The ads will highlight some notorious hockey rivalries and will commemorate the 75th anniversary of GEICO by looking back at some historical hockey moments.
Anyway, this was mostly an excuse to post that picture of Scott Hartnell with the GEICO Caveman.
“Missed you at the reunion this year, brother.”
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 1
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 27
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)