Dec 19, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
This just in off the business wire – GEICO has renewed as the “Official Automobile Insurance Partner of the NHL” in the United States.
According to the press release, TV viewers can expect to see two new GEICO hockey-themed ads during the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on NBC on Jan. 2.
The ads will highlight some notorious hockey rivalries and will commemorate the 75th anniversary of GEICO by looking back at some historical hockey moments.
Anyway, this was mostly an excuse to post that picture of Scott Hartnell with the GEICO Caveman.
“Missed you at the reunion this year, brother.”
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)