Dec 19, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins just keeping winning, which means that Randy Cunneyworth (0-2-0) must keep waiting for his first victory as the Montreal Canadiens’ head coach. The Bruins are now a ridiculous 19-2-1 since November began, which finally pushes them to the top spot in the Eastern Conference.
Patrice Bergeron and Rich Peverley remain hot right now, as both forwards recorded an assist. Still, tonight’s win was all about Tim Thomas, who stopped 33 shots, including 16 out of 17 as Montreal poured it on in the third period.
Perhaps that outburst is evidence that the Canadiens might inch their way back to respectability, but tonight’s team paralleled the Anaheim Ducks on a night when the rich got richer and the weak remained stuck in neutral – at best.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8