Dec 19, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins just keeping winning, which means that Randy Cunneyworth (0-2-0) must keep waiting for his first victory as the Montreal Canadiens’ head coach. The Bruins are now a ridiculous 19-2-1 since November began, which finally pushes them to the top spot in the Eastern Conference.
Patrice Bergeron and Rich Peverley remain hot right now, as both forwards recorded an assist. Still, tonight’s win was all about Tim Thomas, who stopped 33 shots, including 16 out of 17 as Montreal poured it on in the third period.
Perhaps that outburst is evidence that the Canadiens might inch their way back to respectability, but tonight’s team paralleled the Anaheim Ducks on a night when the rich got richer and the weak remained stuck in neutral – at best.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 19
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3