Dec 19, 2011, 7:01 PM EDT
Bourque was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for the hit. There was some debate whether Seabrook’s stick making contact with the official and quick glance for the puck played a role in the hit, something Shanahan ruled out.
“Despite the fact Seabrook is looking back and to his right, Bourque continues his pursuit,” he explained. “[He] finishes Seabrook high and forcefully from behind, driving Seabrook’s head into the boards.”
Bourque will miss games Dec. 20 vs. Minnesota and Dec. 22 vs. Detroit, eligible to return Dec. 23 at Vancouver. As for Seabrook, he traveled with the team to Pittsburgh for Tuesday’s game versus the Penguins, but head coach Joel Quenneville didn’t say if the rugged defenseman would be made available.
PHT Related: Bourque tossed for boarding Seabrook
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 1
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24