Dec 19, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Your guess as to Boston’s lineup tonight against Montreal is as good as anybody’s — and that includes the Bruins head coach, Claude Julien.
“Our lineup is one that’s probably the most uncertain so far this year,” Julien said after his team’s optional morning skate.
Why so uncertain? Well, Milan Lucic‘s status is still up in the air pending a disciplinary hearing with Brendan Shanahan. Gregory Campbell, who missed the last three games with a fractured foot, practiced on Sunday and could return to the lineup. Rich Peverley took just one shift in the third period of Saturday’s 6-0 win over Philly and didn’t practice Sunday (lower-body injury). He could be held out as a precautionary/maintenance measure.
So depending on who’s available and how players are feeling, the Bruins could feature a major youth infusion. Zach Hamill, 23, has played the last three games against LA, Ottawa and Philly and could stick in the lineup; Jordan Caron, 21, was recently recalled from AHL Providence and could see his first action since Dec. 10.
UPDATE: Lucic has been suspended for tonight’s game. So that opens up a spot.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 17
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)