Dec 19, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Your guess as to Boston’s lineup tonight against Montreal is as good as anybody’s — and that includes the Bruins head coach, Claude Julien.
“Our lineup is one that’s probably the most uncertain so far this year,” Julien said after his team’s optional morning skate.
Why so uncertain? Well, Milan Lucic‘s status is still up in the air pending a disciplinary hearing with Brendan Shanahan. Gregory Campbell, who missed the last three games with a fractured foot, practiced on Sunday and could return to the lineup. Rich Peverley took just one shift in the third period of Saturday’s 6-0 win over Philly and didn’t practice Sunday (lower-body injury). He could be held out as a precautionary/maintenance measure.
So depending on who’s available and how players are feeling, the Bruins could feature a major youth infusion. Zach Hamill, 23, has played the last three games against LA, Ottawa and Philly and could stick in the lineup; Jordan Caron, 21, was recently recalled from AHL Providence and could see his first action since Dec. 10.
UPDATE: Lucic has been suspended for tonight’s game. So that opens up a spot.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)