Dec 19, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Your guess as to Boston’s lineup tonight against Montreal is as good as anybody’s — and that includes the Bruins head coach, Claude Julien.
“Our lineup is one that’s probably the most uncertain so far this year,” Julien said after his team’s optional morning skate.
Why so uncertain? Well, Milan Lucic‘s status is still up in the air pending a disciplinary hearing with Brendan Shanahan. Gregory Campbell, who missed the last three games with a fractured foot, practiced on Sunday and could return to the lineup. Rich Peverley took just one shift in the third period of Saturday’s 6-0 win over Philly and didn’t practice Sunday (lower-body injury). He could be held out as a precautionary/maintenance measure.
So depending on who’s available and how players are feeling, the Bruins could feature a major youth infusion. Zach Hamill, 23, has played the last three games against LA, Ottawa and Philly and could stick in the lineup; Jordan Caron, 21, was recently recalled from AHL Providence and could see his first action since Dec. 10.
UPDATE: Lucic has been suspended for tonight’s game. So that opens up a spot.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 88
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 43
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 73
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63