Dec 19, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
How appropriate. On the heels of a story about a neurologist wanting to ban fighting comes news via CSNWashington.com that Capitals forward Jay Beagle has been cleared for contact.
Beagle, you’ll no doubt remember, suffered a concussion when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham on Oct. 13.
While many of the concussions we’ve seen this season have been suffered on freak plays – Claude Giroux getting kneed in the head by teammate Wayne Simmonds, Chris Pronger taking a stick in the eye from Mikhail Grabovski, Milan Michalek colliding with teammate Erik Karlsson – Beagle’s was a direct result of a fight.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)