Dec 19, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
How appropriate. On the heels of a story about a neurologist wanting to ban fighting comes news via CSNWashington.com that Capitals forward Jay Beagle has been cleared for contact.
Beagle, you’ll no doubt remember, suffered a concussion when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham on Oct. 13.
While many of the concussions we’ve seen this season have been suffered on freak plays – Claude Giroux getting kneed in the head by teammate Wayne Simmonds, Chris Pronger taking a stick in the eye from Mikhail Grabovski, Milan Michalek colliding with teammate Erik Karlsson – Beagle’s was a direct result of a fight.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)