Dec 19, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
How appropriate. On the heels of a story about a neurologist wanting to ban fighting comes news via CSNWashington.com that Capitals forward Jay Beagle has been cleared for contact.
Beagle, you’ll no doubt remember, suffered a concussion when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham on Oct. 13.
While many of the concussions we’ve seen this season have been suffered on freak plays – Claude Giroux getting kneed in the head by teammate Wayne Simmonds, Chris Pronger taking a stick in the eye from Mikhail Grabovski, Milan Michalek colliding with teammate Erik Karlsson – Beagle’s was a direct result of a fight.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25