Dec 19, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
How appropriate. On the heels of a story about a neurologist wanting to ban fighting comes news via CSNWashington.com that Capitals forward Jay Beagle has been cleared for contact.
Beagle, you’ll no doubt remember, suffered a concussion when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham on Oct. 13.
While many of the concussions we’ve seen this season have been suffered on freak plays – Claude Giroux getting kneed in the head by teammate Wayne Simmonds, Chris Pronger taking a stick in the eye from Mikhail Grabovski, Milan Michalek colliding with teammate Erik Karlsson – Beagle’s was a direct result of a fight.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 3
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)