Dec 19, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
How appropriate. On the heels of a story about a neurologist wanting to ban fighting comes news via CSNWashington.com that Capitals forward Jay Beagle has been cleared for contact.
Beagle, you’ll no doubt remember, suffered a concussion when he was knocked out by Pittsburgh’s Arron Asham on Oct. 13.
While many of the concussions we’ve seen this season have been suffered on freak plays – Claude Giroux getting kneed in the head by teammate Wayne Simmonds, Chris Pronger taking a stick in the eye from Mikhail Grabovski, Milan Michalek colliding with teammate Erik Karlsson – Beagle’s was a direct result of a fight.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20