Dec 18, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Weird scene last night at the HP Pavilion during San Jose’s 3-2 win over Edmonton. Sharks winger Martin Havlat, who opened the scoring on a beauty give-and-go with Michal Handzus, went for a routine line change midway through the third period…only to have it end in disaster:
As the video shows, Havlat was in serious discomfort. He didn’t play another shift in the third period and CSN Bay Area’s Brodie Brazil reported he left the arena with the help of a walking stick.
There’s no word on the type or severity of Havlat’s injury (CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz noted Havlat left without putting any weight on his left leg), though many are speculating it’s an ankle issue.
It’s the latest in a season filled with setbacks and disappointments. Last night’s goal was Havlat’s first in 18 games, another sign he was turning things around (he had two assists against Colorado the game prior) after struggling through an injury-plagued season.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)