Dec 18, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
To all those Sharks fans who mercilessly criticized Dan Boyle earlier this season, well, we hope you feel guilty. Turns out the defenseman was playing with a broken foot.
“I’ve had a bunch of injuries. And I don’t want to make it sound like an excuse, but it has been a factor,” Boyle told Sharks radio host Jamie Baker yesterday after San Jose’s 3-2 win over the Oilers. “I had a broken foot there for a while, and it really hurt my skating. Just being healthy for me has been a big difference the last five or six games or so.”
Boyle has four points in his last four games after registering just 11 points in his first 26 games.
“My skating has always been my strong suit,” he added. “For the first 15 or 20 games or so I was a step behind, and it was creating a lot of problems out there.”
(Story via CSNBayArea.com.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5