Dec 18, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
To all those Sharks fans who mercilessly criticized Dan Boyle earlier this season, well, we hope you feel guilty. Turns out the defenseman was playing with a broken foot.
“I’ve had a bunch of injuries. And I don’t want to make it sound like an excuse, but it has been a factor,” Boyle told Sharks radio host Jamie Baker yesterday after San Jose’s 3-2 win over the Oilers. “I had a broken foot there for a while, and it really hurt my skating. Just being healthy for me has been a big difference the last five or six games or so.”
Boyle has four points in his last four games after registering just 11 points in his first 26 games.
“My skating has always been my strong suit,” he added. “For the first 15 or 20 games or so I was a step behind, and it was creating a lot of problems out there.”
(Story via CSNBayArea.com.)
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9