Dec 18, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
To all those Sharks fans who mercilessly criticized Dan Boyle earlier this season, well, we hope you feel guilty. Turns out the defenseman was playing with a broken foot.
“I’ve had a bunch of injuries. And I don’t want to make it sound like an excuse, but it has been a factor,” Boyle told Sharks radio host Jamie Baker yesterday after San Jose’s 3-2 win over the Oilers. “I had a broken foot there for a while, and it really hurt my skating. Just being healthy for me has been a big difference the last five or six games or so.”
Boyle has four points in his last four games after registering just 11 points in his first 26 games.
“My skating has always been my strong suit,” he added. “For the first 15 or 20 games or so I was a step behind, and it was creating a lot of problems out there.”
(Story via CSNBayArea.com.)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7