Dec 18, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
To all those Sharks fans who mercilessly criticized Dan Boyle earlier this season, well, we hope you feel guilty. Turns out the defenseman was playing with a broken foot.
“I’ve had a bunch of injuries. And I don’t want to make it sound like an excuse, but it has been a factor,” Boyle told Sharks radio host Jamie Baker yesterday after San Jose’s 3-2 win over the Oilers. “I had a broken foot there for a while, and it really hurt my skating. Just being healthy for me has been a big difference the last five or six games or so.”
Boyle has four points in his last four games after registering just 11 points in his first 26 games.
“My skating has always been my strong suit,” he added. “For the first 15 or 20 games or so I was a step behind, and it was creating a lot of problems out there.”
(Story via CSNBayArea.com.)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25