Dec 18, 2011, 7:52 PM EST
To all those Sharks fans who mercilessly criticized Dan Boyle earlier this season, well, we hope you feel guilty. Turns out the defenseman was playing with a broken foot.
“I’ve had a bunch of injuries. And I don’t want to make it sound like an excuse, but it has been a factor,” Boyle told Sharks radio host Jamie Baker yesterday after San Jose’s 3-2 win over the Oilers. “I had a broken foot there for a while, and it really hurt my skating. Just being healthy for me has been a big difference the last five or six games or so.”
Boyle has four points in his last four games after registering just 11 points in his first 26 games.
“My skating has always been my strong suit,” he added. “For the first 15 or 20 games or so I was a step behind, and it was creating a lot of problems out there.”
(Story via CSNBayArea.com.)
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 0
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 3
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16