Dec 18, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Nothing official yet, but it doesn’t look like Erik Cole will be suspended for an illegal check to Adam Larsson’s head in last night’s Montreal-New Jersey game at the Bell Centre. This according to Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger, who notes there’s no hearing scheduled with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
When Larsson was asked if he thought a suspension was warranted, he replied, “We’ll see. It’s up to them (the league). I can’t do anything about that. I’m just happy I’m alright.”
And that last part is probably the key – Larsson’s alright.
If you missed it, here’s the incident again:
Cole received a minor penalty on the play for an illegal check to the head. Apparently that was enough.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)