Dec 18, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Nothing official yet, but it doesn’t look like Erik Cole will be suspended for an illegal check to Adam Larsson’s head in last night’s Montreal-New Jersey game at the Bell Centre. This according to Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger, who notes there’s no hearing scheduled with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
When Larsson was asked if he thought a suspension was warranted, he replied, “We’ll see. It’s up to them (the league). I can’t do anything about that. I’m just happy I’m alright.”
And that last part is probably the key – Larsson’s alright.
If you missed it, here’s the incident again:
Cole received a minor penalty on the play for an illegal check to the head. Apparently that was enough.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54