Dec 18, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Nothing official yet, but it doesn’t look like Erik Cole will be suspended for an illegal check to Adam Larsson’s head in last night’s Montreal-New Jersey game at the Bell Centre. This according to Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger, who notes there’s no hearing scheduled with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
When Larsson was asked if he thought a suspension was warranted, he replied, “We’ll see. It’s up to them (the league). I can’t do anything about that. I’m just happy I’m alright.”
And that last part is probably the key – Larsson’s alright.
If you missed it, here’s the incident again:
Cole received a minor penalty on the play for an illegal check to the head. Apparently that was enough.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34