Dec 18, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Nothing official yet, but it doesn’t look like Erik Cole will be suspended for an illegal check to Adam Larsson’s head in last night’s Montreal-New Jersey game at the Bell Centre. This according to Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger, who notes there’s no hearing scheduled with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
When Larsson was asked if he thought a suspension was warranted, he replied, “We’ll see. It’s up to them (the league). I can’t do anything about that. I’m just happy I’m alright.”
And that last part is probably the key – Larsson’s alright.
If you missed it, here’s the incident again:
Cole received a minor penalty on the play for an illegal check to the head. Apparently that was enough.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)