Dec 18, 2011, 12:48 PM EST
Nothing official yet, but it doesn’t look like Erik Cole will be suspended for an illegal check to Adam Larsson’s head in last night’s Montreal-New Jersey game at the Bell Centre. This according to Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger, who notes there’s no hearing scheduled with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
When Larsson was asked if he thought a suspension was warranted, he replied, “We’ll see. It’s up to them (the league). I can’t do anything about that. I’m just happy I’m alright.”
And that last part is probably the key – Larsson’s alright.
If you missed it, here’s the incident again:
Cole received a minor penalty on the play for an illegal check to the head. Apparently that was enough.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11