Dec 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Finally, some good news on the Philadelphia Flyers injury front — leading scorer Claude Giroux returned to practice today.
Here’s visual evidence (you know, in case you thought I was lying) from the Flyers’ official Twitter account:
While Giroux was wearing the bright yellow “CAN’T YOU SEE YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HIT ME?!?” uniform, he was doing “a little pushing and shoving” according to Frank Seravalli of Philly.com. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer also noted Giroux was skating hard; when asked for a post-practice status report Giroux responded he felt well, but how he responded tomorrow will be the key.
(Anthony SanFilippo of the Journal Register reports Giroux is technically eligible to return Wednesday against Dallas.)
So while it appears Giroux’s return is still in its infancy, today’s development has to be seen as a positive. And given how things have gone for the Flyers over the last 72 hours, they’ll take any positive they can get. They were humbled 6-0 by the Bruins on Saturday and looked in disarray following head injuries to Giroux, Chris Pronger and Sean Couturier.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 0
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)