Dec 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Finally, some good news on the Philadelphia Flyers injury front — leading scorer Claude Giroux returned to practice today.
Here’s visual evidence (you know, in case you thought I was lying) from the Flyers’ official Twitter account:
While Giroux was wearing the bright yellow “CAN’T YOU SEE YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HIT ME?!?” uniform, he was doing “a little pushing and shoving” according to Frank Seravalli of Philly.com. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer also noted Giroux was skating hard; when asked for a post-practice status report Giroux responded he felt well, but how he responded tomorrow will be the key.
(Anthony SanFilippo of the Journal Register reports Giroux is technically eligible to return Wednesday against Dallas.)
So while it appears Giroux’s return is still in its infancy, today’s development has to be seen as a positive. And given how things have gone for the Flyers over the last 72 hours, they’ll take any positive they can get. They were humbled 6-0 by the Bruins on Saturday and looked in disarray following head injuries to Giroux, Chris Pronger and Sean Couturier.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20