Dec 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
Finally, some good news on the Philadelphia Flyers injury front — leading scorer Claude Giroux returned to practice today.
Here’s visual evidence (you know, in case you thought I was lying) from the Flyers’ official Twitter account:
While Giroux was wearing the bright yellow “CAN’T YOU SEE YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HIT ME?!?” uniform, he was doing “a little pushing and shoving” according to Frank Seravalli of Philly.com. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer also noted Giroux was skating hard; when asked for a post-practice status report Giroux responded he felt well, but how he responded tomorrow will be the key.
(Anthony SanFilippo of the Journal Register reports Giroux is technically eligible to return Wednesday against Dallas.)
So while it appears Giroux’s return is still in its infancy, today’s development has to be seen as a positive. And given how things have gone for the Flyers over the last 72 hours, they’ll take any positive they can get. They were humbled 6-0 by the Bruins on Saturday and looked in disarray following head injuries to Giroux, Chris Pronger and Sean Couturier.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)