Dec 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Finally, some good news on the Philadelphia Flyers injury front — leading scorer Claude Giroux returned to practice today.
Here’s visual evidence (you know, in case you thought I was lying) from the Flyers’ official Twitter account:
While Giroux was wearing the bright yellow “CAN’T YOU SEE YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HIT ME?!?” uniform, he was doing “a little pushing and shoving” according to Frank Seravalli of Philly.com. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer also noted Giroux was skating hard; when asked for a post-practice status report Giroux responded he felt well, but how he responded tomorrow will be the key.
(Anthony SanFilippo of the Journal Register reports Giroux is technically eligible to return Wednesday against Dallas.)
So while it appears Giroux’s return is still in its infancy, today’s development has to be seen as a positive. And given how things have gone for the Flyers over the last 72 hours, they’ll take any positive they can get. They were humbled 6-0 by the Bruins on Saturday and looked in disarray following head injuries to Giroux, Chris Pronger and Sean Couturier.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5