Dec 18, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Finally, some good news on the Philadelphia Flyers injury front — leading scorer Claude Giroux returned to practice today.
Here’s visual evidence (you know, in case you thought I was lying) from the Flyers’ official Twitter account:
While Giroux was wearing the bright yellow “CAN’T YOU SEE YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HIT ME?!?” uniform, he was doing “a little pushing and shoving” according to Frank Seravalli of Philly.com. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer also noted Giroux was skating hard; when asked for a post-practice status report Giroux responded he felt well, but how he responded tomorrow will be the key.
(Anthony SanFilippo of the Journal Register reports Giroux is technically eligible to return Wednesday against Dallas.)
So while it appears Giroux’s return is still in its infancy, today’s development has to be seen as a positive. And given how things have gone for the Flyers over the last 72 hours, they’ll take any positive they can get. They were humbled 6-0 by the Bruins on Saturday and looked in disarray following head injuries to Giroux, Chris Pronger and Sean Couturier.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22