Dec 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
Another game, another win for Blackhawks goalie Ray Emery. Tonight at the United Center, Chicago (21-8-4) beat the Calgary Flames 4-2 to move into first overall in the NHL standings.
For Emery, it was his fifth straight start and fifth straight victory since taking over for struggling Corey Crawford.
The Blackhawks are in Pittsburgh Tuesday for a tough game against the Penguins, so you have to assume Emery will get the nod at least once more from coach Joel Quenneville before Crawford gets a chance at redemption.
The ‘Hawks return home Wednesday to face the Habs, so maybe Crawford will get his shot then.
We’ve already had a few interesting goaltending situations arise this season. Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider in Vancouver. Brian Elliott and Jaroslav Halak in St. Louis. And of course this one in Chicago.
Note we called them goaltending “situations,” not “controversies.” After all, it’s only December. No need for PHT to get carried away making mountains out of molehills. We won’t really start hyping this stuff up until…January.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6