Dec 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
Another game, another win for Blackhawks goalie Ray Emery. Tonight at the United Center, Chicago (21-8-4) beat the Calgary Flames 4-2 to move into first overall in the NHL standings.
For Emery, it was his fifth straight start and fifth straight victory since taking over for struggling Corey Crawford.
The Blackhawks are in Pittsburgh Tuesday for a tough game against the Penguins, so you have to assume Emery will get the nod at least once more from coach Joel Quenneville before Crawford gets a chance at redemption.
The ‘Hawks return home Wednesday to face the Habs, so maybe Crawford will get his shot then.
We’ve already had a few interesting goaltending situations arise this season. Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider in Vancouver. Brian Elliott and Jaroslav Halak in St. Louis. And of course this one in Chicago.
Note we called them goaltending “situations,” not “controversies.” After all, it’s only December. No need for PHT to get carried away making mountains out of molehills. We won’t really start hyping this stuff up until…January.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 0
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 23
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24