Dec 17, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
It looks like the Boston Bruins’ life without Zdeno Chara was a short one.
According to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, Chara is back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game in Philly against the Flyers. Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald finds out from Claude Julien that Chara has been good to go for a few days now which means bad news for the Flyers today and the rest of the league.
The Bruins’ defense hasn’t been quite the same without Chara, but his absence hasn’t stopped them from winning. Having a pair of great goalies in Tim Thomas and Tuukka Rask will help out like that. Chara missed just two games with his ailment so the league’s chance to knock the Bruins down a peg came and went faster than the amount of time it takes to see a coach get fired.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)