Dec 17, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
It looks like the Boston Bruins’ life without Zdeno Chara was a short one.
According to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, Chara is back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game in Philly against the Flyers. Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald finds out from Claude Julien that Chara has been good to go for a few days now which means bad news for the Flyers today and the rest of the league.
The Bruins’ defense hasn’t been quite the same without Chara, but his absence hasn’t stopped them from winning. Having a pair of great goalies in Tim Thomas and Tuukka Rask will help out like that. Chara missed just two games with his ailment so the league’s chance to knock the Bruins down a peg came and went faster than the amount of time it takes to see a coach get fired.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)