Dec 17, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
It looks like the Boston Bruins’ life without Zdeno Chara was a short one.
According to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, Chara is back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game in Philly against the Flyers. Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald finds out from Claude Julien that Chara has been good to go for a few days now which means bad news for the Flyers today and the rest of the league.
The Bruins’ defense hasn’t been quite the same without Chara, but his absence hasn’t stopped them from winning. Having a pair of great goalies in Tim Thomas and Tuukka Rask will help out like that. Chara missed just two games with his ailment so the league’s chance to knock the Bruins down a peg came and went faster than the amount of time it takes to see a coach get fired.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)