Dec 17, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
It looks like the Boston Bruins’ life without Zdeno Chara was a short one.
According to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, Chara is back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game in Philly against the Flyers. Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald finds out from Claude Julien that Chara has been good to go for a few days now which means bad news for the Flyers today and the rest of the league.
The Bruins’ defense hasn’t been quite the same without Chara, but his absence hasn’t stopped them from winning. Having a pair of great goalies in Tim Thomas and Tuukka Rask will help out like that. Chara missed just two games with his ailment so the league’s chance to knock the Bruins down a peg came and went faster than the amount of time it takes to see a coach get fired.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)