Dec 17, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne‘s return to play at least one more time in Winnipeg is a very big deal tonight. When the Ducks arrived in town early this morning (2:3o am), there were 30 fans waiting at the airport to greet Selanne. Being the cool guy that he is, he stayed and signed autographs for everyone.
For the first time since 1996 when he was traded by the original Jets, Selanne will suit up for the Ducks to take on the new Winnipeg Jets. New team or not, the fans in Manitoba love their Finnish hero and Selanne talked about what it meant to come back to his first NHL home.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5