Dec 17, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne‘s return to play at least one more time in Winnipeg is a very big deal tonight. When the Ducks arrived in town early this morning (2:3o am), there were 30 fans waiting at the airport to greet Selanne. Being the cool guy that he is, he stayed and signed autographs for everyone.
For the first time since 1996 when he was traded by the original Jets, Selanne will suit up for the Ducks to take on the new Winnipeg Jets. New team or not, the fans in Manitoba love their Finnish hero and Selanne talked about what it meant to come back to his first NHL home.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20