Dec 17, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
Teemu Selanne‘s return to play at least one more time in Winnipeg is a very big deal tonight. When the Ducks arrived in town early this morning (2:3o am), there were 30 fans waiting at the airport to greet Selanne. Being the cool guy that he is, he stayed and signed autographs for everyone.
For the first time since 1996 when he was traded by the original Jets, Selanne will suit up for the Ducks to take on the new Winnipeg Jets. New team or not, the fans in Manitoba love their Finnish hero and Selanne talked about what it meant to come back to his first NHL home.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54