Dec 17, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
It’s getting ridiculous in Philadelphia.
Rookie Sean Couturier left today’s game against Boston in the first period after taking a puck off the side of his head. Kimmo Timonen‘s slap shot from the point ran a bit high and caught Couturier on the left side of his helmet. With a potential head injury, Couturier was taken out of the game.
If Couturier is knocked out of action with a concussion, he’ll be the fourth Flyers player to be put out of action with one. Chris Pronger, Claude Giroux, and Brayden Schenn are all currently on the shelf as it is with concussions and adding Couturier to the mix would only make life that much harder on the Flyers.
As it is, the Flyers are relying heavily on their minor league depth and digging into that any further will push their ability to hang on to their lead in the Eastern Conference.
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 0
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 37
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 14
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)