Dec 17, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
It’s getting ridiculous in Philadelphia.
Rookie Sean Couturier left today’s game against Boston in the first period after taking a puck off the side of his head. Kimmo Timonen‘s slap shot from the point ran a bit high and caught Couturier on the left side of his helmet. With a potential head injury, Couturier was taken out of the game.
If Couturier is knocked out of action with a concussion, he’ll be the fourth Flyers player to be put out of action with one. Chris Pronger, Claude Giroux, and Brayden Schenn are all currently on the shelf as it is with concussions and adding Couturier to the mix would only make life that much harder on the Flyers.
As it is, the Flyers are relying heavily on their minor league depth and digging into that any further will push their ability to hang on to their lead in the Eastern Conference.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5