Dec 17, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
It’s getting ridiculous in Philadelphia.
Rookie Sean Couturier left today’s game against Boston in the first period after taking a puck off the side of his head. Kimmo Timonen‘s slap shot from the point ran a bit high and caught Couturier on the left side of his helmet. With a potential head injury, Couturier was taken out of the game.
If Couturier is knocked out of action with a concussion, he’ll be the fourth Flyers player to be put out of action with one. Chris Pronger, Claude Giroux, and Brayden Schenn are all currently on the shelf as it is with concussions and adding Couturier to the mix would only make life that much harder on the Flyers.
As it is, the Flyers are relying heavily on their minor league depth and digging into that any further will push their ability to hang on to their lead in the Eastern Conference.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15