Dec 17, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
It’s getting ridiculous in Philadelphia.
Rookie Sean Couturier left today’s game against Boston in the first period after taking a puck off the side of his head. Kimmo Timonen‘s slap shot from the point ran a bit high and caught Couturier on the left side of his helmet. With a potential head injury, Couturier was taken out of the game.
If Couturier is knocked out of action with a concussion, he’ll be the fourth Flyers player to be put out of action with one. Chris Pronger, Claude Giroux, and Brayden Schenn are all currently on the shelf as it is with concussions and adding Couturier to the mix would only make life that much harder on the Flyers.
As it is, the Flyers are relying heavily on their minor league depth and digging into that any further will push their ability to hang on to their lead in the Eastern Conference.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51