Dec 17, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
It’s getting ridiculous in Philadelphia.
Rookie Sean Couturier left today’s game against Boston in the first period after taking a puck off the side of his head. Kimmo Timonen‘s slap shot from the point ran a bit high and caught Couturier on the left side of his helmet. With a potential head injury, Couturier was taken out of the game.
If Couturier is knocked out of action with a concussion, he’ll be the fourth Flyers player to be put out of action with one. Chris Pronger, Claude Giroux, and Brayden Schenn are all currently on the shelf as it is with concussions and adding Couturier to the mix would only make life that much harder on the Flyers.
As it is, the Flyers are relying heavily on their minor league depth and digging into that any further will push their ability to hang on to their lead in the Eastern Conference.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)