Dec 17, 2011, 2:36 PM EST
Kyle Turris finally gets his wish.
After asking for a trade two months ago, Turris is headed to Ottawa in a deal that sees the Senators send young defenseman David Rundblad and a second round pick back to Phoenix for the potential star.
Turris’ rough contract negotiations with the Coyotes this summer and through training camp and regular season sealed up that he wouldn’t be very welcome in Phoenix. Demanding a trade didn’t help that perspective either and his play once he did sign apparently didn’t impress coach Dave Tippett too much as he was a healthy scratch in the last two games. Now he goes to Ottawa where he’ll have a chance to become the Senators’ No. 2 centerman and thrive with more ice time.
Ottawa giving up on young David Rundblad looks to be a gutsy move on their own as his upside is huge despite his struggles at times this season. Truth is, the evolution of Erik Karlsson‘s game made Rundblad expendable. Karlsson has developed into one of the best puck movers and offensive defenseman in the league this season and GM Bryan Murray must feel that he’s all the weapon they need on the blue line.
Rundblad has had struggles defensively this season, but at 21 years-old he’s got a lot of time to develop. It’s a good job by Coyotes GM Don Maloney to get as good a package from Ottawa as he did. If Turris doesn’t become the star that he thinks he can be, this deal could go down in history looking very bad for Ottawa.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:02 AM EST
L.A. played the night before.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
Lost to Carolina on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
He was traded from Philadelphia to Chicago on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:34 PM EST
Meanwhile, Calgary’s playoff hopes take another hit.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Important win for Boston.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:37 PM EST
Feb 27, 2015, 9:19 PM EST
Should be interesting.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:31 PM EST
Another day, another trade.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Pascal Dupuis recently opened up about his condition.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
The Habs host the Maple Leafs on Saturday.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:37 PM EST
That’s according to multiple reports.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:28 PM EST
Trade deadline is Monday, by the way.
Feb 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Was aiming to play Saturday versus the Rangers.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EST
GM Doug Wilson has some decisions to make…
Feb 27, 2015, 3:17 PM EST
So says NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly.
Feb 27, 2015, 3:04 PM EST
Some recommended reading to pass along.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:20 PM EST
Incident occurred during last night’s San Jose-Detroit game.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:53 PM EST
Were dominated by the Red Wings for the final two periods of last night’s loss.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:46 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Feb 27, 2015, 1:35 PM EST
Could it keep him from getting moved by Monday?
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)