Dec 17, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs tweeted that Phaneuf wouldn’t see any further action from the NHL for his hit and that he would be available to play tonight against Vancouver. Phaneuf’s hit got him a five-minute major and a game misconduct for boarding and managed to bloody Kassian’s mouth in the process.
The Leafs are happy to not have any action taken against Phaneuf because they’ll need his physical presence against the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is looking to snap a two game losing streak and after losses to Columbus and Carolina, they won’t be in too fun of a mood tonight.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6