Dec 17, 2011, 4:48 PM EST
The Maple Leafs tweeted that Phaneuf wouldn’t see any further action from the NHL for his hit and that he would be available to play tonight against Vancouver. Phaneuf’s hit got him a five-minute major and a game misconduct for boarding and managed to bloody Kassian’s mouth in the process.
The Leafs are happy to not have any action taken against Phaneuf because they’ll need his physical presence against the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is looking to snap a two game losing streak and after losses to Columbus and Carolina, they won’t be in too fun of a mood tonight.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54