Dec 17, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs tweeted that Phaneuf wouldn’t see any further action from the NHL for his hit and that he would be available to play tonight against Vancouver. Phaneuf’s hit got him a five-minute major and a game misconduct for boarding and managed to bloody Kassian’s mouth in the process.
The Leafs are happy to not have any action taken against Phaneuf because they’ll need his physical presence against the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is looking to snap a two game losing streak and after losses to Columbus and Carolina, they won’t be in too fun of a mood tonight.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 40
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 44
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL