Dec 17, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs tweeted that Phaneuf wouldn’t see any further action from the NHL for his hit and that he would be available to play tonight against Vancouver. Phaneuf’s hit got him a five-minute major and a game misconduct for boarding and managed to bloody Kassian’s mouth in the process.
The Leafs are happy to not have any action taken against Phaneuf because they’ll need his physical presence against the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is looking to snap a two game losing streak and after losses to Columbus and Carolina, they won’t be in too fun of a mood tonight.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63