Dec 17, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs tweeted that Phaneuf wouldn’t see any further action from the NHL for his hit and that he would be available to play tonight against Vancouver. Phaneuf’s hit got him a five-minute major and a game misconduct for boarding and managed to bloody Kassian’s mouth in the process.
The Leafs are happy to not have any action taken against Phaneuf because they’ll need his physical presence against the Canucks tonight. Vancouver is looking to snap a two game losing streak and after losses to Columbus and Carolina, they won’t be in too fun of a mood tonight.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22