Dec 16, 2011, 6:01 PM EDT
Pretty interesting tweets here from Nirva Milord, NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity, following the debut episode of 24/7 Flyers/Rangers: Road to the Winter Classic. Turns out that song Philly plays after every victory has done wonders for the song’s creator, suburban rap sensation Mac Miller!
Here’s the part of the episode Milord’s referring to:
That scene officially made me old, by the way. I had no clue who Mac Miller was prior to watching 24/7 — and I’m a pretty hep musical cat. I mean, I listen to Snoopy Dog. I have a Jay-Zed record.
Anyway, the worst part was when I tried to Google the song by typing in the chorus, which I mistakenly heard as “leather man” (turns out it’s “let them in”.) Talk about creepy search results!
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)