Dec 16, 2011, 6:01 PM EDT
Pretty interesting tweets here from Nirva Milord, NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity, following the debut episode of 24/7 Flyers/Rangers: Road to the Winter Classic. Turns out that song Philly plays after every victory has done wonders for the song’s creator, suburban rap sensation Mac Miller!
Here’s the part of the episode Milord’s referring to:
That scene officially made me old, by the way. I had no clue who Mac Miller was prior to watching 24/7 — and I’m a pretty hep musical cat. I mean, I listen to Snoopy Dog. I have a Jay-Zed record.
Anyway, the worst part was when I tried to Google the song by typing in the chorus, which I mistakenly heard as “leather man” (turns out it’s “let them in”.) Talk about creepy search results!
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31