Dec 16, 2011, 6:01 PM EDT
Pretty interesting tweets here from Nirva Milord, NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity, following the debut episode of 24/7 Flyers/Rangers: Road to the Winter Classic. Turns out that song Philly plays after every victory has done wonders for the song’s creator, suburban rap sensation Mac Miller!
Here’s the part of the episode Milord’s referring to:
That scene officially made me old, by the way. I had no clue who Mac Miller was prior to watching 24/7 — and I’m a pretty hep musical cat. I mean, I listen to Snoopy Dog. I have a Jay-Zed record.
Anyway, the worst part was when I tried to Google the song by typing in the chorus, which I mistakenly heard as “leather man” (turns out it’s “let them in”.) Talk about creepy search results!
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 17
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)