Dec 16, 2011, 6:01 PM EDT
Pretty interesting tweets here from Nirva Milord, NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity, following the debut episode of 24/7 Flyers/Rangers: Road to the Winter Classic. Turns out that song Philly plays after every victory has done wonders for the song’s creator, suburban rap sensation Mac Miller!
Here’s the part of the episode Milord’s referring to:
That scene officially made me old, by the way. I had no clue who Mac Miller was prior to watching 24/7 — and I’m a pretty hep musical cat. I mean, I listen to Snoopy Dog. I have a Jay-Zed record.
Anyway, the worst part was when I tried to Google the song by typing in the chorus, which I mistakenly heard as “leather man” (turns out it’s “let them in”.) Talk about creepy search results!
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 2
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)