Dec 16, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Give the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch some credit, they’re trying to give away a job.
NBA player Kris Humphries needs a job and since the NBA lockout ended, he’s still looking for work. He’s also still reeling after his 72 day marriage to Kim Kardashian ended. The Crunch would like to end Humphries’ job woes in a most spectacular fashion.
Crunch general manager Vance Lederman wants to put Humphries to work either on the ice with the team or in the team’s front office.
“We would welcome Kris Humphries to Syracuse, where unlike Hollywood there are no paparazzi within hundreds of miles and he could reclaim his privacy and self-esteem,” said Syracuse Crunch General Manager Vance Lederman. “Being from Minnesota, Humphries will surely enjoy the hockey and feel right at home in the cold, gray, dismal weather we experience this time of year in Central New York.”
Someone get that PR department a raise.
If nothing else, Lederman is absolutely correct that Humphries won’t have to deal with the paparazzi. Humphries’ biggest worry in Syracuse would be not gorging himself at Dinosaur Barbecue. If he can find a way to rope in Kardashian as a surprise ice girl, we’ve got ourselves a reality show.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)