Dec 16, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
Give the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch some credit, they’re trying to give away a job.
NBA player Kris Humphries needs a job and since the NBA lockout ended, he’s still looking for work. He’s also still reeling after his 72 day marriage to Kim Kardashian ended. The Crunch would like to end Humphries’ job woes in a most spectacular fashion.
Crunch general manager Vance Lederman wants to put Humphries to work either on the ice with the team or in the team’s front office.
“We would welcome Kris Humphries to Syracuse, where unlike Hollywood there are no paparazzi within hundreds of miles and he could reclaim his privacy and self-esteem,” said Syracuse Crunch General Manager Vance Lederman. “Being from Minnesota, Humphries will surely enjoy the hockey and feel right at home in the cold, gray, dismal weather we experience this time of year in Central New York.”
Someone get that PR department a raise.
If nothing else, Lederman is absolutely correct that Humphries won’t have to deal with the paparazzi. Humphries’ biggest worry in Syracuse would be not gorging himself at Dinosaur Barbecue. If he can find a way to rope in Kardashian as a surprise ice girl, we’ve got ourselves a reality show.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32