Dec 16, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Give the AHL’s Syracuse Crunch some credit, they’re trying to give away a job.
NBA player Kris Humphries needs a job and since the NBA lockout ended, he’s still looking for work. He’s also still reeling after his 72 day marriage to Kim Kardashian ended. The Crunch would like to end Humphries’ job woes in a most spectacular fashion.
Crunch general manager Vance Lederman wants to put Humphries to work either on the ice with the team or in the team’s front office.
“We would welcome Kris Humphries to Syracuse, where unlike Hollywood there are no paparazzi within hundreds of miles and he could reclaim his privacy and self-esteem,” said Syracuse Crunch General Manager Vance Lederman. “Being from Minnesota, Humphries will surely enjoy the hockey and feel right at home in the cold, gray, dismal weather we experience this time of year in Central New York.”
Someone get that PR department a raise.
If nothing else, Lederman is absolutely correct that Humphries won’t have to deal with the paparazzi. Humphries’ biggest worry in Syracuse would be not gorging himself at Dinosaur Barbecue. If he can find a way to rope in Kardashian as a surprise ice girl, we’ve got ourselves a reality show.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22