Dec 16, 2011, 10:59 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils aren’t the elite team they once were when Scott Niedermayer patrolled their blueline, but they sure put on a show as his No. 27 ascended to the rafters. It only makes sense that a Devils first-round pick ran with that game, too, as Zach Parise dominated the action. Parise scored four points as the Devils overwhelmed the Dallas Stars 6-3.
Usually a goal is the highlight reel fodder, but my favorite Parise moment was one of his three assists. He fouled up Stephane Robidas next to the Stars’ blue line and then sent a perfect pass to Adam Henrique for an impressive shortie.
It’s starting to look like Parise is over his knee injury, by the way. The talented winger has points in all but one of his last 10 games, including eight in his last three.
Parise picked a great time for his best game of the season as this was the Devils’ first sellout since opening night, according to Tom Gulitti. New Jersey is heating up, as well, as they’ve ridden good shootout work and improving high-end scoring to a 5-1 record in their last six games.
It’s hard to tell what these 17-13-1 Devils are really capable of, but one thing seems clear: Parise’s back.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $33 million 0
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (66)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)